Trackskills On Sunday (25 September)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Anyone else coming? Should be there with the Lotus, doing some proper running-in :grinning:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Will be down for a run out in the Lotus before she goes into hibernation!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Gee, forget hibernation, roof down on a sunny winter's day in a Lotus is the best (y)

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Well, it'll go in to dry storage but if the need arises I can still take her out for a run :grinning:

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
May make this, need to do a full brake swap before though and not sure the front r888s would last a full day!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Well, it'll go in to dry storage but if the need arises I can still take her out for a run :grinning:

I don't get this. What's the point in having a nice car for it to be sat doing nothing over winter?! I couldn't do that!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Well there's two reasons really. Firstly, its an open top only car imo so the chances of getting a dry evening on one that I'm actually free, is extremely unlikely. I only get out in it about 2/3 times a week as it is!

Secondly, salt! No thanks! The underneath of mine reflects the fact it was stored over winter previously and I'd like to keep it that way as I intend to keep this until I can afford a 964 Turbo and that might be a few years yet!

If the weather on a Saturday or Sunday through the winter is nice and sunny then I can just nip up and get it. There's no point it sitting in my driveway all winter when it can be tucked up in a nice warm, secure garage!

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Good excuse to get the last out of the tyres hutchy :grinning:
Indeed, thats the plan! What time does this kick off at as I'm being trailed round shops for a stupid engagement party tonight so, brake and wheel change is going to be F1 style tomorrow morning possibly hungover.
On the note of shopping Nick did I see you out on Boucher road this am with the roof off?

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Well there's two reasons really. Firstly, its an open top only car imo so the chances of getting a dry evening on one that I'm actually free, is extremely unlikely. I only get out in it about 2/3 times a week as it is!

Secondly, salt! No thanks! The underneath of mine reflects the fact it was stored over winter previously and I'd like to keep it that way as I intend to keep this until I can afford a 964 Turbo and that might be a few years yet!

If the weather on a Saturday or Sunday through the winter is nice and sunny then I can just nip up and get it. There's no point it sitting in my driveway all winter when it can be tucked up in a nice warm, secure garage!
LOL at salt, it's made of plastic and aluminium and has an aluminium undertray, there is literally not a car on the road that cares less about salt! Brisk winter drive with roof off and coat on with everyone looking at you like you are bonkers is a truly great experience. Not so great is when you catch a bit of frost and end up with a BTM on the way to work

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
LOL at salt, it's made of plastic and aluminium and has an aluminium undertray, there is literally not a car on the road that cares less about salt! Brisk winter drive with roof off and coat on with everyone looking at you like you are bonkers is a truly great experience. Not so great is when you catch a bit of frost and end up with a BTM on the way to work

I didn't say anything about rust. Salt corrodes and tarnishes aluminium.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
There was a lovely black VX220 parked up at Kirkistown today, black wheels etc.

Gee - you're such a big woman! :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Gee, you are right, these cars do rust like pigs! Hutchy is in denial, just look at his toe links for starters, lol. Steering arms, steering rack, toe links, camber plates, wishbones, roll-over hoop, suspension mounts, arb, exhaust mounts, brakepipes and hoses, and whatnot - it all rusts/corrodes if not looked after. Aluminium + steel = :sob:

On the note of shopping Nick did I see you out on Boucher road this am with the roof off?

Yep, I was indeed. A spot of DIY shopping in the Elise, before blasting across the countryside :grinning: Fantastic Lotus day today. Looking worse for tomorrow though :worried:

Be there by 10:30 for the full day, or pop in around 2pm for the afternoon.

There was a lovely black VX220 parked up at Kirkistown today, black wheels etc.

That would be one of the marshals, usually there on trackdays as well.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, that is him. Has put a lot of good work into that car. Nice suspension, etc. Has a TVR lying about somewhere too I think. He used to run the legendary Porsche with a Rover V8 in it :grinning: On RMS too.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Lol if it means using my car for an extra 50% of the year I can live with swapping the toe links every 5 years.
1030 might be a bit tight for the old BAC, do you get a reduced rate weighing in at 2?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, have never understood why taking care of a car and looking after it somehow would mean one does not enjoy it :p Mine does more miles than most, but lives in a bubble when not in use. Simple, not used every day.

Not like the people who put their cars in bubbles and never use them, only bringing them out for shows with mirrors and stuff. That I do not get!

Hutchy, talk to Donal, he will sort you out.

Looks like it might be roof up in the afternoon. Hopefully it stays dry at Kirkistown, trusting in the circuit micro climate and Donal's supply of virgins.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Mixed day, a bit of rain midday but track was dry again later on. The little Rover was going fine, even in the wet.

Quite a turn-out of serious machinery, and some very well driven cars too like the white Lotus, the Mini, etc.

Shame about the early ending, I heard everyone inside was ok which is the important thing. That was a freak accident, ending up in that particular spot. If anyone knows the driver, his things were collected and stored at the track.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.