Trackskills - sat 5th Aug

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
mite be, not sure, i really need to get the car sorted first.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
do you need to book a place with trackskills or can you just turn up on the morning?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
RComms said:
do you need to book a place with trackskills or can you just turn up on the morning?

prob ok to turn up but booking be the best option.

After seeing stuff getting ragged at TOTB Im well up for this :grinning:

Amos you should hold onto the black one and get it down ;)

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Just out of interest does the name Trackskills mean anything... Is it mention as a "tuition day", or just a basic track day?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
they will go out with you if you want. extra £10er i think. I didnt the first time but i might this time now that Ive had a few laps in the M3.

BigG69

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia vRS 2.0T
Does anyone know what time the trackday starts at tomorrow?

V8

RMS Regular
Why "Trackskills"?

"Just out of interest does the name Trackskills mean anything... Is it mention as a "tuition day", or just a basic track day?"

When we were thinking of a name we had a number of things in mind.

:innocent: When we went to insurers we wanted a name that wouldn't scare them. 'Rakethe****outofyourmotor Ltd.' wasn't going to impress them.

(b) We wanted customers that were interested in improving their driving performance in their cars i.e. becoming more skillful.

(c) We didn't want lunatics and, to be fair, we don't get them. In fact, although our customer base has grown slowly, it has done so with great people, who share our enthusiasm for fast, skillful driving.

Donal.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
really annoyed i missed this Donal (blooming girlfriend taking my car for a few days), was there much of a turnout or just the usual nice/high numbers with beautiful cars ?

V8

RMS Regular
Hi Graham.

It was a good day, with good weather. (Sacrificing a virgin the night before works but they are getting harder to find!)

We were expecting around 20 cars and by 11.00am we had them. However, half of the ones we had were not the ones who had told me they were coming! And then they too arrived! So we had about 30 cars.

The mix included a couple of Impreza's, a quick Cossie that broke its manifold, three Fireblade kit cars, Tom Horan's very impressive Westfield Zetec, various Hondas, a Z3, an MG Maestro, two Evos, seven Elise/Exiges and various others.

Everyone who wanted got all the track time they needed. On the last run there were only two cars left which suggests that everyone else had had enough. Now that's a rare statement!

Good luck to Gareth Logan who was using the day to shake down his Evo before Lurgan Park.

Next one is Sunday 17th September.

See you there?

Cheers!

Donal.

funkyfiat

RMS Regular
To anyone that has not been to a trackskills day I would like to say they're excellant events. Donal and his team deserve a lot of credit for running a very professional setup.

Couldn't get the Fiat Coupe down to this one as its not fuelling right at the minute and I work Saturdays. Will have the Coupe sorted for the September and can hopefully improve my driving a bit more since I up'ed the power a bit with a few new toys.

Pablo from Donals report I take it you didn't make it?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
no also gutted :worried: Unable to make it on saturday due to work.

Honestly they are a great day to go to if you want to explore the abilty of your car. I got my eyes opened in the M3 I can tell you!

The guys take you out on a lap first in their car an show you the lines etc (who would have though a td 5series could go that well) which is good.

Heartily recommend it to anyone. Achadowey is good in its own way but the trackskills days are a bit less free for all and strict which is a good thing really.

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
i was there in the mg maestro ...so glad i bought it now as it was a brilliant day ...such value for money ...the car wasnt off the track all day ...well until the sump decided it had enough of holding oil towards the end ...

cheers to the organisers ...and to the guy that took me round in the 5 series bmw ...definitely showed me a thing or two about driving!

ill be at the next 1 for sure

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.