Trackskills September Track Day This Sunday 17th.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Hope to be there , only taking slicks ! so hope Donal has the weather sorted :sun:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
What happened?!
Hopefully someone will be along to answer this but from what I could see it was a car off hard at fisherman's and the track was closed waiting on an ambulance which I saw on its way near Greyabbey.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Hopefully someone will be along to answer this but from what I could see it was a car off hard at fisherman's and the track was closed waiting on an ambulance which I saw on its way near Greyabbey.

Oh no, horrible end to someone's day of fun, hope it's nothing serious and just a precaution :worried:

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
There were several off's today , don't think anyone hurt , but nasty shunts and good to have the proper medical people on hand .
Otherwise a good day for tracking , dry and cool , average turnout so plenty of tracktime despite holdups for crashes , yellow m3 going good , not a lot of grip first session but fine as track warmed up , clutch slave cylinder packed up so had to call it a day around half four , think this is the first D.N.F. in four years tracking !
Some quick guys as usual , type r's of course , mini gp , and a very tasty e46 m3 with big brakes , ohlins , full cage etc serious lookin car which passed me on the way home sounding fantastic , as did @nigelS type r when he passed me on the way up , makes me feel like starting the natural aspiration society !!.
As ever well run day by trackskills and marshalls , reassuring to have good help when things do go wrong .

Corey_ek9

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda civic ek9
Was a great first time out on track today, couldnt be more happy with how the ek9 got on and handled, only managed 3 sessions due to the offs and crashes hope everyone involved was okay and not too badly hurt. Ambulance crew was lightening quick throughout the day! Cant wait to go again and get more experience on track

Corey_ek9

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda civic ek9
Just out of interest also, who takes the photos during the track day seen 2 or 3 fellas taking pictures throughout the day ?

dellboy

RMS Regular
Drives
AMG Merc
Yes was a great day. MX5 was great fun. Have not got the bal-s to take my Merc out.
A few cars damaged but they can be fixed and drivers able to lick their wounds and drive another day

Nigel kyle

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw m3 e46
Yeah there was 3 offs today. The biggest was at fishermans, where the fellow seemed badly winded but had the right attitude after as he was going to take at "siege of drink that evening"
Jagged in his flying banana still ruled the track. Tryed a few different tyres on the front of civic today. Yoko ad08r 1.07.45, toyo r888r 1.08.1 and part worn slicks 1.06.45. Slicks still rule. Got some good footage of harry in his formula 1 inspired civic and mine in a Honda train at the end. Must try and post it later in the week. Just like to back up previous posts and say what a well run day it was even with the unfortunate offs.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
So the offs.....are these a case of two cars tripping over each other or just single car incidents?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
So the offs.....are these a case of two cars tripping over each other or just single car incidents?

I cant comment on today nor the last frw years but in the almost two decades I have been around track days I have only ever seen one mess involving two cars, all others were single vehicles, two of which I helped recover folk from were massive beyond belief and complete freak accidents

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Was down briefly for a nosey, not a massive turn out but the weather was great for those who did venture down. The yellow m3 and the e46 sound and go so well.

I believe I spoke to you @Nigel kyle if it was yourself in the ep3 type r? I was asking about the aero and was saying about how your car was going so well.

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
"So the offs.....are these a case of two cars tripping over each other or just single car incidents?"

All three red flag incidents were single car episodes. One a complete mystery, one inexperience and one mechanical. Unfortunately, in the Fisherman's incident, the passenger was referred to hospital, to be checked, as it was a very rapid stop. The driver, who had a wheel to hold on to, was in better condition.

Equally importantly, shortly before the last incident at the exit of the chicane, we had moved some spectators from the piece of Armco that the car hit. Had they been still standing there, we would have had serious injuries.

Philip Brooks, our medical professional, played a blinder all day.

quimbasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Alphard /EP3
@collyirwin11 it may have been myself in the grey type r you were speaking with. The two M3s were flying yesterday had a good battle with the black one and @Nigel kyle for a few laps. Ill hopefully get some fottage up during the week aswell.
Always good craic getting out with some similar paced drivers.
It was an eventful day for the marshals and medic crew who were doing a great job, hope all involved are ok and we'll see them out again at some point!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.