Trackskills Track Day Sunday 20th September.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Hoping to make this as well , car is good to go , no fettling required for last three trackdays - why does that statement make me nervous ? Should be a good day if only to see Darth Vader in his time machine !!

I shall take them other 4 slicks down for you :grinning:

Weather is looking a bit more promising than it was last sunday.

@svensktoppen ive got about 2.5mm left on the rear of my R888s just. Do you think this is sufficient for myself?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@jagged. what could possibly go wrong, lol :p

@evo98, that sounds like them being brand new :innocent: Have obviously been used, but should be fine as long as they are not ancient and have gone all hard and dry.

Really not much on them to start with. Besides, you only need the tread if it rains and there is standing water. They are not bad at all in the wet actually, but obviously as they wear there will be less tread and they will behave more like slicks.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300

@evo98, that sounds like them being brand new :innocent: Really not much on them to start with. Besides, you only need the tread if it rains and there is standing water. They are not bad at all in the wet actually, but obviously as they wear there will be less tread and they will behave more like slicks.

Think they are perfect for me then :grinning: I can take my AD08s and ask the streetracer boys to change them for me if im stuck :grinning:

Roll on sunday :grinning:

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Cars coming on Sunday, as of 17th September 2015.

• Alfa 4C
  • Ariel Atom
  • Mazda MX5
  • Ferrari 360
  • Integra DC5
  • Toyota GT86
  • Kirkistown Fiesta
  • Pug 205 Gti
  • Impreza
  • Ford Ka
  • Honda Civic
  • Toyota MR2
  • Lotus Elise
  • Renault Clio
  • Pug 106GTi
  • Various BMWs
  • Subaru Impreza
  • Locost
  • Mazda RX8
  • Hontus
  • Puma
  • Reiss Hayabusa
  • Golf

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR

@evo98, that sounds like them being brand new :innocent: Have obviously been used, but should be fine as long as they are not ancient and have gone all hard and dry.

Really not much on them to start with. Besides, you only need the tread if it rains and there is standing water. They are not bad at all in the wet actually, but obviously as they wear there will be less tread and they will behave more like slicks.

It's a bit of a misconception that tires become slicks when they run out of thread, what can actually happen is that there is not enough rubber for the tires to bite. I know this because it caused me to face the wrong way on the track a few times :oops:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I meant they start behaving like slicks in the sense of shedding water.

With 2.5mm tread left they will be fine in the dry, but might start to struggle in heavy rain.

Maybe should have phrased that better first time round :grinning:

MarkM

RMS Regular
I'm out I'm afraid :worried: My brakes just aren't right and it would be silly to risk it as much as I want to try. I tried to find new pads everywhere without success, I've new discs here and could swap to see if they improved if I could find pads. Gutted :worried:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Dam weather. Im 50/50 here at the minute. Don't think id enjoy getting soaked. I will keep a good eye on the weather thou

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Dam weather. Im 50/50 here at the minute. Don't think id enjoy getting soaked. I will keep a good eye on the weather thou

Looks like there could be some light rain passing by in the afternoon, should not be too bad. Knowing Kirkistown, it could just as well pass north or south of the circuit. Or rain one half of the track and dry the other, lol. Roll the dice!

Just get the leathers and the full face helmet on, you will be fine :grinning:

Besides, both the 888 and AD08 are just fine in the wet as long as there is not too much standing water.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was hoping to get the brakes sorted at least before tomorrow, but no chance :worried: Have to sit this one out. Have fun tomorrow folks!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Same here. Couldn't get decent pads anywhere today. Bit too last minute for most places :worried:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
ive her on the trailer anyhow. Might not be too bad.

Talk about a tight squeeze! That subarus coming as well an its going to fly.

image.jpg

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Sorry about you guy's brake woes , had yellow car all ready for it's very first trackday only for brake pads not to appear after being ordered for a week. Had a hiccup with hire trailer , only got it half hour ago , so nothing loaded up , leave it to daylight , won't mind if it's wet , although not all day , sure it's only a matter of flickin on the wipers , don't you agree @evo98 and @svensktoppen ? it's not like am goin to get a soaking:cool:
Anyway to get us in the mood check out supercharged e46 m3 7mins 30 secs lap of the ring on pistonheads .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.