Trackskills Track Day Sunday 25th May

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular
Entry already shaping up for this!

Honda Civic
MGF
Renault Clio
MX5
Saxo VTR
Peugeot 106 GTi
BMW
Toyota MR2
Ferrari
Honda Prelude
Mercedes C63
Toyota GT86
Lotus Elise

Marc

RMS Moderator
image.jpg
Can't wait! :grinning:

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
take it they use the whole back straight,,,,,,???

Yes full track with both back straights, I have asked in the past if they fancied running half track for a part of the day because for me I prefer skipping out the boring straights for a twisty section. They have asked the question before and the majority of people said they preferred the full track with big straights

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
cheers. stephen... under geared for that

You could always ask Donal to take a vote from the list of people going on that day to see if anyone wants to do the half track for a part of the day even? I would say yes to the half track, a lot easier on the brakes and fuel too cutting out the 2 straights

Conor

RMS Regular
I have the East Engineering MX-5 booked for this, can't bloody wait. First proper experience in a RWD.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Will have to give this one a miss, and will also miss the one in June :worried: But hey, have something else planned that should make up for it :grinning:

Should definitely be out for 6 July, fingers crossed and all that (y)

Last edited:

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Will have to give this one, and will also miss the one in June :worried: But hey, have something else planned that should make up for it :grinning:

Should definitely be out for 6 July, fingers crossed and all that (y)

You will have to let us know what the something planned is, I'm guessing it's either Mondello or the Ring ;)

ryan_v

RMS Regular
Drives
mountain bike
I want to go to this so badly but don't think my starlet would cope with the heat and the pumesta drift car is dead :worried: Is there anywhere that I can rent a car for the day?

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
I want to go to this so badly but don't think my starlet would cope with the heat and the pumesta drift car is dead :worried: Is there anywhere that I can rent a car for the day?

Streetracer rent out their civic cup cars for the day for a reasonable price, very capable cars on the track too so a lot of fun to drive

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8

Ryan, I think Street Racer have sold their cars into England. East Engineering do hires. We already have one booked in. They may have a second car. 07955870274. Railway Motorsport hire a BMW. If all else fails, try Andrew Christie on 07979765270. With a bit of notice he could provide an MX5 or a quick Nova.

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Entry now up to

Honda Civic
MGF
Renault Clio
MX5
Saxo VTR
Peugeot 106 GTi
BMW
Toyota MR2
Ferrari
Honda Prelude
Mercedes C63
Toyota GT86
Lotus Elise
Mitsubishi Evo
Honda Integra
Ford Puma
Various Locaterfields

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Donal, how do you submit an entry?

How much time do you get on track and what time do you have to be down there?

Conor

RMS Regular

I'm sure Donal will answer but usually about 10.30-11.00 is time enough, and the last time I was up I actually reset the trip, and we done 89 miles on track in the day before nearly running out of petrol and calling it a day. I reckon we probably could've had another session or two at that. For one or two or even three drivers there's more than enough driving.

Reactions: V8

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Peadar, send me an email with your name and make of car. (donal@mulsanne.co.uk) As a first timer, we would like you there at 10:15am so we can get you out in our car first. If you are there at the start, we guarantee you the opportunity to do at least 4 x 15 minute runs in the day but as Conor suggests, it is easy to double that.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

As much running as you and the car can take (y) In the afternoon, you can go out back to back sessions nonstop if you like, and it runs until 6pm. 100-150 miles on track easily. Though if it is your first time out, then pace yourself.

I have never left thinking "I wish we had more track time", or heard of anyone else who did.

Reactions: V8
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.