Trackskills Track Day This Sunday 21st June.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Topmark

RMS Regular
'Sound of the day' award had to go to that black RS4! That must be an aftermarket system? In the worlds of clarkson, it sounded like the God of Thunder gargling nails.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
'Sound of the day' award had to go to that black RS4! That must be an aftermarket system? In the worlds of clarkson, it sounded like the God of Thunder gargling nails.

Agreed, it had to be aftermarket! Was sitting in the jeep in the paddock and could feel it rumbling past on the circuit [emoji108]

JT079

RMS Regular

My 2nd run with spin on track...only second time on track and don't know much about it...but it is fun, you get the idea :grinning: Now second gear was a bit doggy and crunch to get in even with rev match...

Last edited:

JT079

RMS Regular
Clio was great all day, engine light about a mile from home, yet to have a look!
It was the 458 GTC giving passenger laps :grinning: See you at the next one

My engine light was on first thing is the morning, reset it seems like some misconnection, been fine all day...

JT079

RMS Regular
they're just happier when they're being abused on track :p I have to find an mot cancellation before the next one, Mot is up today(n)

My MOT is up this Friday, just got the steering wheel return back with airbag... Hopefully they won't fail me over weared tyre sidewall?!...

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
My MOT is up this Friday, just got the steering wheel return back with airbag... Hopefully they won't fail me over weared tyre sidewall?!...

MOT ?
What you want is a 40 year old car like mine.... No MOT.... No emisions testing...No creature comforts either, now that I've come to think of it ...oh, er and eh, No supply of quality spare parts either..

Em, ...you can see that I haven't quite thought this thing trough thoroughly

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Class videos @DesmoBen , mini must be one of the quickest through the hairpin and definetely flat through debtors , had there been more cars on track rear facing camera been even better . The lad in the saxo was going really well right up until the chicane caught him out , wet track on the exit to blame hope it doesn't put him off and damage is light . We had a problem caused by contaminated petrol , engine not running right , was 20mph down on back straight which given the conditions may have been a blessing in disguise ! Was behind the RS4 a while , impressive ,couldn't see an M3/4 staying with it under Sunday's track conditions

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
I have to agree.. the Mini looks like great fun! I remember being impressed with its pace the last time I was out for a little 1.3! The RS4 sound did it for me but watching it through the corners I can't help but think how much better it would handle with a few hundred kilos removed.. but as a full road car that you can drive to and from the track it ticks all the boxes

@jagged did you confirm that it was bad fuel causing the issue in the end with some fresh fuel? I didn't get a run with you's on Sunday but the car was still holding good pace regardless of the slight misfire

I won't make the next trackday but hope to be out for August with a mate who has a Civic built with a similar spec to my car but with full slicks

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Stripped out RS4 or V8 m3 anyone , any petrol leftover from trackdays goes into the ' good ' m3 and it's running the same , must of put 50ltrs of fresh petrol though the car on sunday and it didn't clear , have now drained the tank and petrol looks fine , cut open fuel filter and looks a bit dirty so ordered new one and hope that sorts it. We won't be at next one either , aim for August hopefully with an on song M3 and get a proper blast , RS4 sounds great for sure but oh those type r's .

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
Stripped out RS4 or V8 m3 anyone , any petrol leftover from trackdays goes into the ' good ' m3 and it's running the same , must of put 50ltrs of fresh petrol though the car on sunday and it didn't clear , have now drained the tank and petrol looks fine , cut open fuel filter and looks a bit dirty so ordered new one and hope that sorts it. We won't be at next one either , aim for August hopefully with an on song M3 and get a proper blast , RS4 sounds great for sure but oh those type r's .

Thanks for the comments lads - yes, really good fun.
TBH I also had a camera recording facing forwards... but it was just humdrum and didn't look nearly as quick. I agree though, a full grid would have made it superb to watch.

Didn't realise the saxo went off... Bloody chicane claims another victim!
Also, I actually had a bad miss the whole way up the road and the whole way back. Strangely, (and luckily) it seemed to clear itself for most of the time on track.
But, I will be spending tomorrow in the garage whipping out the injectors, fuel tank and all that jazz and fingers X'ed it will be sorted.

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
This morning, ...in no particular order:
Strip, inspect, clean and replace, fuel rail and injectors, fuel lines, petrol tank, fuel pump and pressure regulator.

It still runs like a pig!

Plug in the laptop and phone the software lads in the UK... They connect remotely and can see the lambda

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
.....is not working. They switch off
"auto-mapping" and hey presto in the space of 2 mins - it runs sweet as a nut!!!

Next time I will do things in reverse order!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.