Trailer test

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
How would your insurance cover you though, in that situation

As at that time of the test, if a accident happened, you dont actually have a licence to be towing.

OZ10

RMS Regular
Just passed mine with Davey this morning. Pleasure to deal with and its a shame he's moving on

2 lessons and a half lesson before the test. Came to £316 all in which seemed good value
Take it that includes the test itself? Whats the breakdown on that just out of interest?

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Take it that includes the test itself? Whats the breakdown on that just out of interest?
Yep. £66 test fee, approx 4-5hrs instruction and provision of 4x4 and trailer for test

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Is the nose weight set in stone, or does every trailer design prefer to be balanced slightly differently ? Assume the figure is just a guide line ?

Nose weight normally governed by the tow bar spec. I think caravans come with nose weight specs too. Depending on the setup, you will want 50-150kgs noseweight.

colin84

RMS Regular
Anyone used or heard of I drive in mallusk? Working from a car park beside the Chimney corner. I have noticed when driving past, but I don't see anything online. Be handy as it's quite close.

avo5021

RMS Regular
@colin84 there used tone daily activity at that place but I've seen nothing of late, just spears to be that one trailer parked up now.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
who would you lot recommend around the coleraine/ballymoney area for this?

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender

Theres a fella from Swatragh does the trailer lessons called Gabriel Okane.
I did mine in Brighton years ago but he puts our fellas working over here through it regularly. He does car, mewp and digger tickets etc as well. Link to his website attached

Home

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.