Triumph Scrambler 400 X

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Just popped up on my feed, first bike I've seen in a while that I want to go out any buy. Gonna get my test this year and treat myself...

1706891650802.png

1706891545094.png

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Just popped up on my feed, first bike I've seen in a while that I want to go out any buy. Gonna get my test this year and treat myself...

View attachment 423924

View attachment 423923

That’s lovely, but honestly you’d be better off with a 900cc. You’d get bored of that after a month or two. I’d the 900cc in the street cup and ended up wanting more power (it was 56bhp rather than the 40bhp of that 400).
A 900cc scrambler a couple years old would be a similar price

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
That’s lovely, but honestly you’d be better off with a 900cc. You’d get bored of that after a month or two. I’d the 900cc in the street cup and ended up wanting more power (it was 56bhp rather than the 40bhp of that 400).
A 900cc scrambler a couple years old would be a similar price
Looking up the 900, it's about £8-9k for 2022 model. You are probably right though, but i am currently enjoying my 125cc tbh lol, so I just thought 400cc would be a good step up.

Reactions: Ben

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
They look cool but yeah, the power (or lack thereof) will grate on you fairly quickly. I don’t mean from an out and out racing point of view but even riding down a fast A road it’s noticeable and becomes tiring very quickly. Been there, done that.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I’d go for something with atleast 10hp more. I’d a gpz 500 and that had just about enough power 50hp to not be frustrating. I’d stepped down from a cbr 600 that had double the power but wasn’t disappointed.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Depends where you want to ride it. In town it would be great, but when up around 60+ you'll notice the wind drag a lot with the upright position on bike of this power. Lovely looking machine though.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Been following this guy for ages and his videos always put me in the mind to get the test and a Scrambler 900 with Arrow pipes.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Called over to McCallens today to have a look around and I saw the Scram 400. It’s a lot bigger and more substantial than I would have thought! Quality would be leaps and bounds ahead of the equivalent Royal Enfield or whatever but probably would still be a bit too asthmatic for my liking.

Lee

RMS Regular
Nice looking bike but I suppose it depends if you ever intend on going for ride-outs with others, you might need some extra poke to keep up. It's also nice to have some overtaking power! I'm sure it's a nice bike in some scenarios though. Triumphs fit and finish is quality.