Tsi engine thoughts - EDIT 2.0 TFSI advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
At those miles it shouldn't need the follower, but for peace of mind and about £30 for the part it's worth doing.

I prefer the tfsi to the tsi, and the tuneability of these are impressive!

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
OP
hannakournikova
At those miles it shouldn't need the follower, but for peace of mind and about £30 for the part it's worth doing.

I prefer the tfsi to the tsi, and the tuneability of these are impressive!
funy you mention this. the badge on the boot from factory says TSI :confounded: but its a TFSI

Last edited:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
What are the signs of a cam follower going? Friend has a 2.0 NA Leon with a tick/knock coming from that area, sound like that problem? Does it give the same issues on the NA?

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
What are the signs of a cam follower going? Friend has a 2.0 NA Leon with a tick/knock coming from that area, sound like that problem? Does it give the same issues on the NA?

Yes unfortunately, I had to put a cam in one as it wore the follower that bad that the end of the hpfp damaged it!

Mark_C

RMS Regular
They're a very noisy engine naturally, injectors are very loud.

Taking the pump off and feeling the inside of the bucket is the best diagnosis. If it starts to throw codes is a bit late already tbh

Mark_C

RMS Regular
GT35 and a full Milltek exhaust paired with a few other bits will see over 400bhp.

Any preference on the colour of the turbo before I order it here...? :p
A GT30, RS4 injectors, forged pistons and rods and a few small parts like a pressure reg will see well over 400 tbh. I should have my vrs the good side of that shortly.

As much as it pains me to say it, having owned one the tfsi is a great engine. A few bolt ons, good fuel and a remap sees over 350hp, which is an outrageous increase on an unopened engine!

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
They're a very noisy engine naturally, injectors are very loud.

Taking the pump off and feeling the inside of the bucket is the best diagnosis. If it starts to throw codes is a bit late already tbh

It hasn't started to throw codes yet. It has had a bit of work done recently though including 3 new injectors and it came back noisier, now that you say the injectors are very noisy I am wondering if thats why it is noisier. Will be something to have a look at, thanks for the info.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
OP
hannakournikova
Just bumping this up. Would like missus eos checked over for the usual tfsi areas along with service. Any recommendations?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.