Vectra CDTI engine problems

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

colin84

RMS Regular
I have an 04 Vectra 1.9 CDTI 150 bhp. Recently that car has started to have what feels like a missfire at motorway speeds, although it's not that often. But the car will show the spanner symbol on hard acceleration then go into limp mode soon after. Also sometimes the spanner symbol will randomly appear then go off again. I've had it plugged in twice, the second time with the proper Vauxhall computer, but there has never been any fault codes logged strangely.

The car only has 80k genuine miles and has been serviced recently including a new fuel filter.

Any info appreciated, Cheers.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
EGR Valve if its clogged up would cause the car to go into limp mode under hard acceleration.

colin84

RMS Regular
OP
colin84
That's something I ment to check and forgot about, must get a look.

colin84

RMS Regular
OP
colin84
Yeah must get a look at the Swirl flaps, but are DPFs not from O6 onwards?

Fastfish

RMS Regular
Drives
1979CelicaTurbo
also faults with injector connectors going faulty, let it idle and wiggle them see if it goes off a cylinder..if it does you need a new loom or new connectors off another loom

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I have an 04 Vectra 1.9 CDTI 150 bhp. Recently that car has started to have what feels like a missfire at motorway speeds, although it's not that often. But the car will show the spanner symbol on hard acceleration then go into limp mode soon after. Also sometimes the spanner symbol will randomly appear then go off again. I've had it plugged in twice, the second time with the proper Vauxhall computer, but there has never been any fault codes logged strangely.

The car only has 80k genuine miles and has been serviced recently including a new fuel filter.

Any info appreciated, Cheers.

Some codes erase on key off/on for some reason. So you'd need to scan when the fault occurred, before switching off.

EGR's are fairly common, but could be a dozen things really. Would need to be checking data when the problem happens.
At least from what you say you can make it happen which may make things easier.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
My van has more or less exactly the same symptoms, it's 1.7 CDTi, threw the code for over boosting, so either the solenoid or the dreaded sticky turbo vanes in my case.

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
I had a 06 1.9cdti Signum with 55k a few years ago and had a list of problems the length of your arm. See thread:

http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/dodgy-dealer.112662/

Mine went into limp mode on the motorway which wasn't fun. Off the top of my head I had EGR, clogged up swirl flaps, failing turbo, air intake problems and a host of other stuff. RAC were able to give me the fault codes of everything so maybe give someone like that a call.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.