What 10k car for the missus? - Few photos

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
If she's talking non stop about the one series let her go for that... If you persuade her to go something else and a: she then doesn't like it or b: gives you trouble you will be the worst in the wold not not going with what she wanted lol.... Trust me

Speaking from experience? :party:

I know I'm probably fighting a losing battle but I would rather she went and drove a few other cars instead of going and buying the first BMW she's seen.

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
If she's talking non stop about the one series let her go for that... If you persuade her to go something else and a: she then doesn't like it or b: gives you trouble you will be the worst in the wold not not going with what she wanted lol.... Trust me

Couldn't agree more. Wise words!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
Just to update this.

Went and looked at the car I linked above. Turned out to be a bit of a dog on the outside. Bodywork was covered in scratches and one of the headlights was covered in deep marks. Generally looked unloved on the outside and I'm pretty fussy. Was also provisionally sold (finance depending) so walked away.

Went elsewhere and ended up buying a 2009 120d M Sport Coupe in Alpine White with a few extras tonight.

Bought from a used approved BMW dealer with full dealer service history.

Will upload some photos once I pick it up next week.

Thanks for your suggestions but she loved the coupe once she seen/drove it. Not as practical as I wanted but she's delighted with it. Anything for an easy life. :innocent:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Thanks, lovely car but just as an example, the cheapest one currently on UCNI is £12995. Same on UTV Drive.

The brother had an X-Trail up for sale for £2950 recently, and had bother selling it. It was a great example, mechanically flawless and very well spec'd.

Cheapest example on UCNI at the time was a year older with more miles, less tax and test and had a price tag of £4400... The prices on UCNI and UTV Drive are very high IMO.

It must be a case of "I paid £10 for this advert, so I have the right to ask for over £1000 to make up for it..."

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
The brother had an X-Trail up for sale for £2950 recently, and had bother selling it. It was a great example, mechanically flawless and very well spec'd.

Cheapest example on UCNI at the time was a year older with more miles, less tax and test and had a price tag of £4400... The prices on UCNI and UTV Drive are very high IMO.

It must be a case of "I paid £10 for this advert, so I have the right to ask for over £1000 to make up for it..."

Totally agree. I'm sure if I looked harder I'd find one cheaper than the bottom UCNI price, probably private, although maybe not in NI.

She went to a dealer so obviously paid a bit more than a private seller. She also needed a car quickly so sometimes it's not feasible to hunt for a bargain for weeks privately.

Too late anyway, I'm picking up the 1 series for her tomorrow. I'll probably have to PM you for some advice regarding keeping it running well (dpf/egr stuff etc.) ;)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
great choice my wife has one and loves it, doesnt want to sell but kinda has to

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
great choice my wife has one and loves it, doesnt want to sell but kinda has to

We've no babies so it's perfect for her. I'll also enjoy driving it for the next 2 weeks when she's away with work. Will be nice to see some decent fuel economy again. :grinning:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
Finally got some time to pick it up this morning. 2009 120d M Sport Coupe

Has some optional extras such as 18" 261M alloy wheels, BMW professional radio, enhanced bluetooth phone functionality as well as the usual M Sport bits.

Really tidy car and so much comfier than my own. No marks or dings. Wheels could do with a refurb but that's my only real issue with it. Still waiting on the mats arriving for it.

Will be driving it myself for a couple of weeks as the other half is away at the minute. :cool:

Took a few rubbish iPhone photos. No point in starting a thread in the member's gallery as it'll be staying as it is currently.

11817089876_c56de44465_b.jpg

11816346665_76f2d79568_b.jpg

11816607843_c2b6244472_b.jpg

11816764764_ab07aab709_b.jpg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Lovely looking car all the best with it, did this come from Prentice's? Seen one very like it when I was picking my car up last week. They are really growing on me wish my mrs bought one instead of spending 9k on a corsa.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
Lovely looking car all the best with it, did this come from Prentice's? Seen one very like it when I was picking my car up last week. They are really growing on me wish my mrs bought one instead of spending 9k on a corsa.

Yes mate, it did.

First time buying a car from them and was impressed with the service we received. Dealt with a guy called Chris and would definitely go back.

Sat in a few of the new models they had inside. Serious luxury. Yours looks stunning, great spec.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.