What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

SJM2016

RMS Regular
Drives
Green A-Class
A few times over the last couple of weeks going to work about 7.15am usually an old man in an old Merc or Jag deciding he wants to do 30/35mph on the 50mph Derriaghy/Boomers Road toward Belfast.

Going down the hill foot on the brake the whole way down since heaven forbid he goes 1mph over his own personal speed limit causing a line of traffic behind them.

Pass them when the road goes into two lanes and they're completely oblivious of whats going on around them

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
20240419_132330.jpg

Coming into the boulevard this section is 2 lanes both with arrows that take you down towards EOS or the turn in for the range/tesco. Left lane as you look in the picture is for the range/tesco, so many people drive blind and don't look at the arrows then cut across from the right lane.
The whole area around the boulevard is a nightmare come to think of it 🤣 for anyone that knows the area the roundabouts, useless drivers and ROI drivers all in one place is a recipe for disaster

Last edited:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
The top roundabout where the signs direct you to the left lane to take the 3rd exit for southbound A1 is a disaster.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So I stopped at the Go centra on the A1 near dromore this evening on the way home. The centra shuts at 6pm on a Sunday but there are 2 pumps on the same island that are pay by card. There are 2 cars already using the pumps and a white golf waiting so I queue up behind the golf.

Now I'm in the civic. The filler on the civic is on the left (passenger side). On a golf, it's on the right (driver side). You can guess what happens next.

Both cars as if by some sheer will of the universe, leave their pumps at the same time so white golf boy has his pick of the pumps. Rather than take the left one, he goes right. It doesn't end there. He then turns the golf around so it's facing me and his filler is by the pump. I then have to do the same so now my car is also facing the wrong way. Didn't annoy me as such, just made me shake my head the whole time I was watching it unfold in front of me.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
So I stopped at the Go centra on the A1 near dromore this evening on the way home. The centra shuts at 6pm on a Sunday but there are 2 pumps on the same island that are pay by card. There are 2 cars already using the pumps and a white golf waiting so I queue up behind the golf.

Now I'm in the civic. The filler on the civic is on the left (passenger side). On a golf, it's on the right (driver side). You can guess what happens next.

Both cars as if by some sheer will of the universe, leave their pumps at the same time so white golf boy has his pick of the pumps. Rather than take the left one, he goes right. It doesn't end there. He then turns the golf around so it's facing me and his filler is by the pump. I then have to do the same so now my car is also facing the wrong way. Didn't annoy me as such, just made me shake my head the whole time I was watching it unfold in front of me.
The hoses probably reach round. See people queuing for ages at the Banbridge Go to wait for a pump on the correct side. I just drive round them and stretch the hose.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Red Range Rover of some description thismorning, I'm not sure how many cars had to understake it and the driver still just plodded on unaware.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Drive home from Newcastle last night to Comber, tit in a C220 Merc overtaking dangerously before crests and speeding off to then get caught back up - got him no where.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
The hoses probably reach round. See people queuing for ages at the Banbridge Go to wait for a pump on the correct side. I just drive round them and stretch the hose.
Get this all the time at my local, I sometimes feel bad for them having to watch and admire my marvellous intellect as I pull the hose around to the other side while they still queue for the pump beside

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Waiting to pull out of a junction and a cyclist is approaching so I hold off (for what seems like ages), then at the last second he pulls in to my side road without signalling. Dickhead.

Also following “SAM” in her white Discovery Sport, swerving all over the road while obviously on her phone. She’s going up and down between
35-45 for about 10mins, then just as we approach the 30mph going in to Comber from nowhere she floors it and decides to overtake a 308 across the entrance to the recycling centre. Also a dickhead.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I get that. I was just marvelling at how rather than simply going to the left, he went right and then had to turn the car around making an ideal situation for us both more awkward.

WeeBenny

RMS Member
Cars parked like this at the dark hedges even though there is a car park a 20 second drive away. Have to crawl along the wrong side of the road at a blind bend just in case anybody comes flying round.

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Driving out of Larne this morning (could just stop post here 😂…) white ML up my hole and didn’t like when I didn’t let him overtake at the roundabout, bruised his ego and away he went flying up the carriageway at the garage. White caddy missing a brake light decides to pull out from behind a lorry just before the roundabout and about a car length in front of the ML causing brake lights and gestures, before he pulls in behind the lorry again.
To complete the perfection, said tw*t in the caddy then decides to undertake the lorry as it’s now joining the roundabout nearly wiping my front left wing off so he can speed round the roundabout to….blare the horn and shake a w*nker sign out the window at the MLs terrible driving of course 🤦‍♂️ completes the racing line in front of me then gormlessy stares at me as I sale past giving him a “what the absolute f**k” look out the window.
Obviously he won when he blasted past at 80 mph later to turn into ballyclare the absolute legend he is, what a hero his wee mate in the passenger seat must think he is 😂

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Heading past Belvoir earlier and some lad on one of those wee skinny wheeled motorbikes with the L plates up passes then shoots down the slip heading towards Tesco knock right in front of us as we take the slip.

Head down feeding it the gears and someone pulls out of the slip at Belvoir so he swings out round them and as they move into the slip for Tesco he swings round in front of them hands in the air giving it hand signals. Straight after that he’s across left into the dual but there’s two cars stopped for the lights.

Front wheel goes from under him he goes under the car stopped at the lights. Absolute menace.

Had no problem telling him he was riding like a Cnut as we lifted his wrecked bike to the side of the road.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Heading past Belvoir earlier and some lad on one of those wee skinny wheeled motorbikes with the L plates up passes then shoots down the slip heading towards Tesco knock right in front of us as we take the slip.

Head down feeding it the gears and someone pulls out of the slip at Belvoir so he swings out round them and as they move into the slip for Tesco he swings round in front of them hands in the air giving it hand signals. Straight after that he’s across left into the dual but there’s two cars stopped for the lights.

Front wheel goes from under him he goes under the car stopped at the lights. Absolute menace.

Had no problem telling him he was riding like a Cnut as we lifted his wrecked bike to the side of the road.
Were you in the GTI by any chance? Was a couple of cars behind a clean looking one that pulled into Brackenvale BP but couldn’t see if it had wingbacks or not

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Many years ago a young lad did something similar I helped him pick up the bike pushed it onto the pavement for him. Asked him if he had done his cbt yet. He told me no and he had no license. I “accidentally” dropped the bike again hopped I the car and drove off. In reflection I probably should have phoned the police too.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Brakenvale McDonalds
The car full of young lads in a newer Ford something waiting for 2 cars to come out of the drive thru exit to proceed to drive up it

First Time I said to myself these Cnuts are the future.......we are doomed

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Brakenvale McDonalds
The car full of young lads in a newer Ford something waiting for 2 cars to come out of the drive thru exit to proceed to drive up it

First Time I said to myself these Cnuts are the future.......we are doomed
Maybe it was LHD?