What Car Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daisy

RMS Regular
Folks,

Looking a family car for 5-6k max. Performance isnt an issue but prefer a diesel and sub 100k miles.

Considering anything, but after searching for hours today online i cant come up with anything.

Needs decent boot space.

Thoughts??

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
That's MK2 Octavia Vrs money.

Yep.

Hard to beat the price, performance, and boot size of a vRS. However, if you don't care for performance, you could get a fresher, lower mileage non-vRS Octavia.

I'm having this notion of moving up to the mk2 myself. Might be a stupid notion, but I'm doing more miles and I could probably easily save £700+ year with a diesel version of the vRS.

Anyway, the point is they're great cars. (y)

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Octavia vrs is a good call. My daily is a 2+ vRS mk2 and it's highly practical. Strongly considering changing to a Volvo S60R though. It just lacks that extra bit of power, imo. I don't find that big of a difference in running costs my old D5 S60 either.

220ST

RMS Regular
Drives
People mad
Corolla verso in t spec guise would be worth a look for a family car, plenty of space and seven seats (rear seats are really only for kids) if needed. Also comes in a t180 if your looking for a bit of go.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.