What Tyres for bmw 535d

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

phil_c

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw 535d
The time has come to change the rears on my car. They are 275/30 r20. Been thinking Pirelli p zeros or michilin pilot super sports. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Boksic

RMS Regular
Pilots are hard to beat, decent all rounder tyres. Plenty grippy when needed but not particularly fast wearing. Dear as fook I'm sure in your sorta size though

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Super sports or go for the pilot sport 2's. The pilot sport 3 is a good tyre, designed more as a oem road tyre but wouldn't offer the same performance as the 2 or ss.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Definitely Super Sports, they're a step up from the PS2's and the PS3's as you say are a completely different kettle of fish.

phil_c

RMS Regular
OP
phil_c
Drives
Bmw 535d
Thanks for the advice. I ordered the Pilot super sports today ;) but they are on back order :worried:

phil_20

RMS Regular
i ran ps3 all round on my last car thinking they where the new ps2. but they arent. as said they are ok, and i found them to wear very quickly. it is very misleading/clever branding. i think that tyre is a "eco come sport" tyre.
i am now on to the mpss, very impressed. and nearly a year on them and still loads of life.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
PSS2s are OK but I much prefer the MPSS on the M4. They're a superb tyre (IMHO) slightly softer compound so don't expect to get 12K miles out of them......

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.