Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Got a realistic date this morning. Bit of refreshing (as Nick above says) - 5 mins worth and got a slot on 7th May at Balmoral/Boucher.

Last edited:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Will forever baffle me why everyone books a date miles away then looks for a cancellation rather than just getting the cancellation in the 1st place.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Will forever baffle me why everyone books a date miles away then looks for a cancellation rather than just getting the cancellation in the 1st place.
Unless I missed something, that's what I tried to do the other day. I was only given options months later. I didn't see an option to book a cancellation. Would have done if I had seen that.

As it stands, you have to get your initial appointment months in advance with an appointment number. You need this in order to change the date to an earlier one through cancellation.

@Boydie - I was on at 5am today. No issues queuing - straight in - but nobody on, so no cancellations. Had to wait til around 8-9 (and enter the queuing system) before I could find a cancellation that suited.

RevT

RMS Regular
Cancellations or extra appointments are added as and when, and they are available for both a new booking and changing an appointment. So you don’t need an appointment booked to avail of a cancellation appointment coming up. However, atleast you can show you have an appointment booked if you’re stopped.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Aye as @RevT says you can book the appointments that pop up any time, only reason to get on ages away 1st is if your mot has ran out and might need it for the police.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
You boys all need to make friends with one of the examiners ,loads of dates then lol

I tried to make friends with one of the lads last week at Larnes HGV lane and it went as expected. I can't wait until I get the usual call from them to say they've left their test equipment attached to a vehicle and would I mind crawling under it, remove it and deliver it back to them on the way home.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I tried to make friends with one of the lads last week at Larnes HGV lane and it went as expected. I can't wait until I get the usual call from them to say they've left their test equipment attached to a vehicle and would I mind crawling under it, remove it and deliver it back to them on the way home.
This exact thing happened me last week when they left there gear below a trailer lol .only I am good friends with a few of them they were not getting it back .Some of them are really odd and will hardly speak a word to you .

design1

RMS Regular
Went on this afternoon for dad's car as it was up in march and he never drives it anyway and any amount of dates for next week I took Balmoral for Monday morning .