Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Got one jammy enough yesterday. Our new civic needs an MOT next month and we'd been checking randomly. Found one for 2 days after expiry at Mallusk with plenty of slots through the day. It pays to just keep checking.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
A solution to all the problems.
IMG_3593.png

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
If anyone's looking, there are 4 free appointments today in Ballymena.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Not my car pictured but just for reference

Will having the rod in the rear shock exposed be an MOT failure? Both sides have ripped the sponge and sitting at the bottom of the shock - have replacements but just haven't had a chance to fit them yet

Attachments

• 1713263983794.png
    1713263983794.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Not my car pictured but just for reference

Will having the rod in the rear shock exposed be an MOT failure? Both sides have ripped the sponge and sitting at the bottom of the shock - have replacements but just haven't had a chance to fit them yet
No, they are only dust covers. Will not fail the MOT

Edit: i mean the bumps stops are the sponge, it will not fail because the dust covers are missing

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Be grand without. Would put some on though because the grit will eventually knacker the seals on the unit.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Be grand without. Would put some on though because the grit will eventually knacker the seals on the unit.

Yeah I have the covers in the garage but never had the opportunity to do it - would mean the car would be out of commission for several hours on my drive. No plans this weekend so will see

Would need to disconnect rear shock which I have never done :confounded:

RevT

RMS Regular
Yeah I have the covers in the garage but never had the opportunity to do it - would mean the car would be out of commission for several hours on my drive. No plans this weekend so will see

Should only be three bolts so won’t be much of a drama unless they’re seized. I’ve had some of the upper bolts seize on me before on VW’s and they were a nightmare.

DJMCA

RMS Regular

Will probably be the same as my Passat. 2 top and 1 bottom bolt. Id lubricate the bolts well a couple of days ahead of when you plan to do it.

If you want a hand let me know

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Went on this morning managed to book an MOT for Craigavon for 2pm. Had my choice of them actually.

I was literally the only vehicle in the test centre 🤷🏻‍♂️

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Hoping to have Nova mapped in the not too distant future - earliest MOT date = 23rd sept lol. Going to have to check each morning for a better date.

colin84

RMS Regular
Trying to get an appointment sooner than 5 months away, so I can sell the car. How much longer is this nonsense going to drag on for? Something needs to change, it shouldn't be this difficult.

This was yesterday, tried again this morning with the same results.
Screenshot_20240429_124644_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Booked the Audi in for an MOT yesterday. 30th Sept I think was earliest, up in Mallusk.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Booked the Audi in for an MOT yesterday. 30th Sept I think was earliest, up in Mallusk.
pretty sure that's the newly released dates, its usually 5 months in advance.

Have 2 cars needing prep'd and put through in the next couple of weeks, hopefully getting cancellations won't be too bad.