WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Kris had tyre off the beadimg on right rear

Effectvely like driving n a puncture

Has a spare to replace it

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
He might have a Spare god knows how as he only had one this morning and already used it. Though he's dropped to much time :-(

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
BT Sports 2 now!
Meeke's crash was just on the highlights there showing how the damage was done! Another mistake that hopefully won't affect next year!

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
6th OA on event and this with Mads' result was enough for Citroen to get 2nd in the manu championship

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
For the first time in a while Hirvonen out-performed his Fiesta.

Surprised if Hyundai don't contact him, proved a few folk wrong this weekend.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
For the first time in a while Hirvonen out-performed his Fiesta.

Surprised if Hyundai don't contact him, proved a few folk wrong this weekend.

He is retiring and i can't see him doing a full drive, maybe a guest seat on the odd event

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I got the impression he was retiring because there was no seat for him. (I know he said he wanted to slow down in life etc.)

Too young to retire.

Sam.

RMS Regular
He is retiring to enjoy family life and be there for them
Yup, the video definitely gives that impression. I'd say we haven't seen the last of him in a WRC car, he'll probably do select events like Henning at some point. He did say on the rally radio interview that he would consider maybe doing a few world RX rounds but probably nothing next year as he just wants to take it easy.

KevM

RMS Regular
Its a strange conclusion to the year for Mikko, he's made excuses all year while putting in a below average performance, then announce's his retirement and displays the pace that he's known for...

Maybe his head wasn't right this year. Kris & Jari are both proof that the psychological control at this end of the sport is paramount, Jari goes into a 'cool-hypnosis' before each stage, & Meeke bricks it every time the podium trips and falls out across his path.

Composure & ability to Concentrate while under such pressure is probably as important as raw pace

Last edited:

RCT

RMS Regular
He is retiring to enjoy family life and be there for them

I'd say he'll prob do driver coaching and mentoring. Lots of ex rally men do this. They never go away, always in the background involved somehow and make the calls to potential sponsors for up and coming young drivers they mentor, as their name carries more weight in those circumstances.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
The only drivers in the recent era that have had the cool, calculated, winners instinct have been Ogier and Loeb. The results say it all. Fair play to Meeke today, he wanted second place and was prepared to cut loose to get it. I respect him for that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.