195/45/17 tyres

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
As the Swift Sport guys will know these little wagons are blessed with these odd sized shoes.

I could do with a couple of fronts, the price of new ones this size is crazy and as it's just the run about wagon I don't really want to splash out on expensive new ones.

Has anyone got any this size hanging about?

Cheers

DavyC

RMS Regular
Can't help with tyres but if it were mine I'd be changing to a more common size. 205 40 17 is very common.

205 45 17 would be very close in size but not sure how common.

215 45 17 is quite common too but perhaps a little on the 'chunky' side and could maybe trigger an ABS light if there was too big a difference to rears.

Last edited:

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Can't help with tyres but if it were mine I'd be changing to a more common size. 205 40 17 is very common.

205 45 17 would be very close in size but not sure how common.

215 45 17 is quite common too but perhaps a little on the 'chunky' side and could maybe trigger an ABS light if there was too big a difference to rears.

Thanks for that @DavyC , I have seen some owners on the forums change the size to 205s, not really sure what to do. The rears still have decent life and I don't really want to different sizes on it, don't want to lose the handling characteristics either. Local tyre pace said they might get some part worns in occasionally so I'll see what happens over the next while.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I have a full set of sport wheels and tyres there. Would need to check the tread on them… pretty sure they had loads of tread but might be a bit old. Next time I’m at the workshop I’ll check and see.

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
I have a full set of sport wheels and tyres there. Would need to check the tread on them… pretty sure they had loads of tread but might be a bit old. Next time I’m at the workshop I’ll check and see.
Appreciate that mate, I actually think one of my front ones has a crack in the inside somewhere so having other wheels wouldn't be a bad shout either, see what you have 😃 cheers