BMW 320d e90 not starting?

Ryanm123

RMS Member
Hey guys,

Been trying to have a go at fixing my brothers 320d as a may be buying it if we can fix the problem of it not starting. Tries to start on easy start but doesn't stay on after easy start stopped. The car turns over but refuses to start so seems like a fuel issue. Can hear the pump kicking in on ignition, turned ignition on and off quite a few times to clear the lines thinking it could be air in the lines but no luck.

I've cracked the injectors off but can only get to 3 as the other 1 is too far back and fuel gets to the first 2, nothing comes out of the 3rd injector though.

Someone said could be key but replaced key battery, central locking doesn't work but the car accepts the key and tries to start so I doubt it has anything to do with the key.

Any tips or advice is much appreciated.

Parked up after coming home from work and the next day it just wouldn't start.

Just checked fault codes and I'm getting (Used a generic OBDII reader so no model and make entered)

P3002 - fuel rail pressure, fuel rate controlled pressure too low

Stored codes
P3102 - cylinder 1 high pressure injector low side circuit high

Pending codes
C002 - TCS control channel A value 2
P2902 - manufacture control

Permanent codes
P0800 - transfer case control system (MIL Request)

Someone on another forum mentioned it could be High Pressure Fuel Pump?
I'm assuming the fuel rail pressure it related to the potential HPFP issue ?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
If you are trying to bleed the lines have you another car on the jump leads to give it a bit more oomph? I've found just turning over by the car itself won't do it.

Ryanm123

RMS Member
OP
R
Hi Antoin,

Yeah, had a jumper car connected the whole time whilst carrying out those checks.

Thanks

Ryanm123

RMS Member
OP
R
Looks like it's the ecu, had a mechanic come out and can't talk to DDE. Which is causing the rest of the fault. Proper scanner shows faults all across the car. Also low pressure pump in the tank isn't cutting out once pressure is built up either so links back to ecu issue. God knows what to do now whether it's worth repairing or not.

Thanks for the advice.