Dubshed 2024

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Another in the middle of 4 night shifts for me, so nope. People are complaining about £25, it would cost me 22 hours annual leave as well.

Marynarz

RMS Regular
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Alpina got indoor spot this year, looking forward to going again. Was great last year, got chatting to some great people. £25 is ok in my book, people spend £100 on a concert without batting an eyelid. I put £60 worth of diesel in my wife's car and it didn't reach half tank line 🤣 That's how far your £££ go these days 🤣

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Alpina got indoor spot this year, looking forward to going again. Was great last year, got chatting to some great people. £25 is ok in my book, people spend £100 on a concert without batting an eyelid. I put £60 worth of diesel in my wife's car and it didn't reach half tank line 🤣 That's how far your £££ go these days 🤣
Is that not more reason a person would chose to not spend £25 to look at cars ?
Some people probably see it as money better spent elsewhere rather than an attack on the show itself.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
My 80 has an indoor slot for the second year running 😊

Dubshed is the only time of the year I get a whole day child free on the Saturday, I'd pay £25 just for that 🤣

The traffic on the way in is poor work from the department of infrastructure. Should never have been allowed to create the north's biggest event space without having some sort of direct link to the motorway network.

As others have said, if we don't support the car shows, they won't exist.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I was going to enter the 2002tii again this year but I didn’t bother as it can be a pain committing to a whole weekend. I’ll probably regret it when I’m walking around this year as a spectator.
I think the price is normal, it’s just what things cost these days, going to the cinema and getting snacks would probably cost you more.

1F16A9DD-D09E-4893-9E32-1641625BBD3D.jpeg

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Is that not more reason a person would chose to not spend £25 to look at cars ?
Some people probably see it as money better spent elsewhere rather than an attack on the show itself.

I think most folk are missing the point when it comes to the entrance cost - @CharlySkunkWeed summed it up perfectly there I feel - nobody (I think) is questioning the absolute cost or its vfm...but rather - is it worth it on a personal level, which is up to the individual of course and we all have different priorities

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
who is flat out and who is ready ?

Flat out. And will be til the end. I'll have busted myself to get the Golf ready, it'll be no where near a state I'm happy with, I'll run myself into the ground all weekend with the show then come home and not remember any of it come Monday morning 😂

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
I'm not flat out, I'm at the stage where the jobs I wanted to do I cant start now as they'll never be done in time. eg painting bonnet and back bumper. But family life restricts what time there is to work on these things!

Fitting coilovers, top mounts and rear arb this Saturday, if I can manage to get it aligned before Dubshed I'll be doing well lol :joy:

I'm excited to see what new cars & improved previous cars are there! And to have a natter with the usual suspects!!! :oops:

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Whats the best time to be arriving to be parked outside on the sunday?
Well it opens to the public at 12, but the traffic will be a disaster so I'd say aim for 9am in the hope of beating the queue of other people trying to get theirs in 🤷🏻‍♂️

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
@RubberLover for tires tomorrow and then hoping to grab a slot with pentagon next week to re-tint the passenger and drivers side windows light smoked again.

Then cleaning starts end of next week lol

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
A part to come back from the painters and a bit of cleaning to do - although its been dry stored for 18 months so doesn't exactly need a lot of cleaning. Most chilled Dubshed prep I've ever had.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I've the MOT sorted for the M3 at least!

I've my stall and point of sale ready, but as is usually the case, waiting on some stock coming in.

Its a catch 22, but will be another Dubshed right to the wire by the looks of things