F1 2024

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks like a Vettel comeback might actually happen. Would be a great fit for Mercedes.

Is hyundai buying renault at a corporate level?

Haven't seen anything at that level? Doesn't mean there is nothing going on, just haven't seen anything. Renault have seemed to hold on to the F1 team in the past, no matter what.

ali619

RMS Regular
No surprise from the race, just glad of where Carlos ended up.

Feel so sorry for Williams, they are having such a tough time.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm sure there is a get-out clause in there... So Vettel to Mercedes next year then? Or Sainz? Who knows, lol.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
All depends on young Kimi Antonelli.

If he’s good enough & ready he’ll partner Russell next year at Mercedes. If not Mercedes have to go get someone to fill in until he is ready.

Sainz is pretty much set for Red Bull unless he takes a massive punt on Audi turning things around at Sauber.

Vettel replacing Hamilton would be fanciful. German driver, German marque, German engine. But is he up to it?

Would Bottas move back to Mercedes? Is he part of Audi’s plans?

Maybe Aston will finally move to replace Lance Stroll?

Silly season is here.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I agree, Vettel would be very good as FIA president.

The issue is that Vettel would be competent though. Going by the current egotistical moron in charge, competent is not the direction the FIA want to go in.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Lando gets pole for sprint but lap deleted for exceeding track limits. Hamilton then gets pole. Then they give it back to Lando again a few mins later.

To be fair his pole lap was the one after the limits but rules say that gets deleted too if it was exceeded at last corner (unfair advantage into next lap).

sam_9n

RMS Regular
It was already deemed for him to have not gained an advantage from the off. Sky sports went through it and his delta down the pit straight was slower than the previous lap when he didn’t exceed track limits

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Who cares, the season is already well over. Max' RB just went from 4th to 14s ahead in less than ten laps, without even trying 😅 Before taking pole for the main race by nearly 0.4s.

Is anyone still watching any of it? I just read the headlines after now, and it's been very quiet here too the last couple of races.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Only watched it this morning because I woke up early and couldn't sleep. Predictable enough result. Also Stroll once again not covering himself in glory.