LPG removal

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

driven

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
anyone know how hard it is to remove an lpg system ive got 6 sequential injectors linked to my intake manifold empty tank in the boot and ecu need to remove got a new intake manifold here but does anyone know how hard it is to remove the rest of the guff?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
It'll just be a matter of following it and removing it wherever it goes.

You'll be wanting to ensure the LPG tank is empty before you start pulling it apart though, and I don't just mean reading empty on the gauge.

It depends on how it was wired in, but anyone with any kind of auto alectric knowledge should be able to remove the system's ecu and reinstate the original fuel pump wiring and stuff.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It really shouldnt be that hard to remove. Someone fitted it, so if they can fit it to a car, it will be easier to remove it.

Ideally yes the tank would be empty, but the tank itself will not leak when you start taking it apart. There are solenoids that require power before any gas can either get in or out of the tank.

driven

RMS Regular
OP
driven
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
yeah ive got all that stuff sorted been reading the guidlines on Vosa to remove it seems straight foreward only really need the tank out the way but ideally the whole lot looks fairly simple to do anyway gunna get a pal who works as an lpg fitter to look at it for me

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If you're not that fussy you could just take the tank out. Nothing else really needs to come out tbh.

pablo

RMS Moderator
unplugging the ecu wouldnt work youd effectively be breaking the connections in the wires. you might be able to get a blanking plug that plugs into the loom instead of the ecu, and just connects the wires back up again.

assuming its a piggy back type effort like a dastek unichip where it manipulates sensor data to map effectively.

driven

RMS Regular
OP
driven
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
It's a case of needing the tank out to do my fuel pump and to be honest I have no intentions to ever run an rb25det engine on gas but keeping the pipes there would always be handy for the future

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
LPG ecu's are not full standalones.

They piggyback off the normal petrol ecu. If you remove this ecu, then you will need to repair the wiring to original standard.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.