What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Two throbbers on bikes overtaking between cars on the M1, well into 3 figures. They shot up my inside going past someone in the outside lane.

They just needed to do it to someone coming back into the inside lane as at the speeds they were doing you’d not have seen them. Just so stupid.

The NW does bring out the clowns

Last edited:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Two throbbers on bikes overtaking between cars on the M1, well into 3 figures. They shot up my inside going past someone in the outside lane.

They just needed to do it to someone coming back into the inside lane as at the speeds they were doing you’d not have seen them. Just so stupid.

The NW does bring out the clowns

I saw 2 bikers racing off the roundabout up the dual carriageway just after grey steel. There’s a bend there you can’t really see round and the inside lane was full of cars.

Big litre bikes flat out I’d say they were doing atleast 140-150 as they were up in 4th gear. I was cringing because all it would take is someone to change lane and it would be a disaster.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
New (to me ) Audi A4 Avant rejected today. Drove into Lisburn looking at some properties me and missus had eye on, and showing parents around. Pulled out of Belsize Road, and the car lost itself again. Straight back to the dealer, who were to be fair more than good. Took the rejection offer in good faith, and had my money back within 5 minutes.

What did take 20 minutes was getting the insurance updated to the old car.

Would I use the same dealership? Based on customer service alone, yes. They were upfront and honest, no shady dealings or the likes.
Just a shame that the car decided to sh1t itself again. Probably the turbo, or associated gear, solenoid etc - but I've no faith in it anymore, and I certainly wouldn't want my missus driving it, and it falling flat on its face while she was on Sydenham bypass, Westlink or the likes.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I’ve just started going to the gym at 6:30 in the mornings and can’t believe how people drive at that time of day.

People are on their way to work and they’re in a rush - I get that but I get passed nearly every morning in built up 30mph areas by people doing at least 60!

If the peelers set up at that time of the morning they’d be disqualifying people daily.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I go to work at 22.30 and come home at 7.00, the amount of people at both times who I see on the ring road or the boucher road doing well over the speed limit is unreal.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Woman Lisburn bound on the motorway this morning in her Cayenne Turbo doing 40mph being passed by 3 lorries and causing massive tails backs :mad:

Toolbag

*could have been in limp mode but doubt it tbh
I’ve just started going to the gym at 6:30 in the mornings and can’t believe how people drive at that time of day.

People are on their way to work and they’re in a rush - I get that but I get passed nearly every morning in built up 30mph areas by people doing at least 60!

If the peelers set up at that time of the morning they’d be disqualifying people daily.

I'll admit, I creep but never excessive - end of the day the roads are quiet and only reason to get stopped is at lights. What seriously grinds my gears at 0530am is the kuntz who do not use the bus lane and still manoeuvre from the outside lane, across the bus lane to take their left turn :mad:

People FLY down the Newtownards Road at that time too then slam on the brakes at the BP garage thinking the speed camera will get them on the opposite side of the road :joy: tits

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Some tube in a we old red Toyota starlet or something. He pulled out from a side road to join my road, Antrim bound from Moira roundabout area

i had a crawl lane so anticipating he wouldn’t make 60’ish I move to the outside, to avoid slowing down or piling into him
By time we are actually side on he’s nailing it as if it’s some sort of race, Nop I’m just reading the road chum
Anyhow pull in, in front of him and he’s on my back bumper and then he’s out and around me over chevrons etc

Only to about 500 yard later pull in for fuel at glenavy filling station.

Knob all in

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
When someone bombs up behind you on a two lane over taking section of road, your in the rhs lane and cars in front dictating the speed was doing 60 so on the limit, for some that’s not good enough so they go into the lhs lane and proceed to undertake, so you close the gap (I don’t like driving up cars holes) slightly and they have nowhere to slide in in front of you.

Now as he has moved into the inside lane another car has took his place behind me and there are lights about 500 yards up the road, I slowly pass the car in front of him and move into the inside as I want to go straight on as does he (rhs lane is turn right at the traffic lights)

I approach the light as they just turn amber, straight through and the car behind stops and guess who had to stop behind him……bet he was ****ing ragin 🤣🤣🤣

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Literally just witnessed an absolute clown turn out of Conways service station on the dual carriageway between Cookstown and Moneymore, and drive head on in to 60-70 mph traffic while she was licking on her ice cream. Lucky she didn’t kill herself nevermind anyone else

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Literally just witnessed an absolute clown turn out of Conways service station on the dual carriageway between Cookstown and Moneymore, and drive head on in to 60-70 mph traffic while she was licking on her ice cream. Lucky she didn’t kill herself nevermind anyone else

I did it in Orlando. Left hotel and headed to Dunkins at 6 am on my own and in a senior moment when leaving Dunkins I turned left and drove for about 5 seconds before realising my error. There was no traffic thankfully and I swung into a petrol station on my left. I hadn't seen the police cruiser in the forecourt but he did see me. He was actually dead on about it. Almost sh1t myself.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I wish I had one of these to tell every **** with no lights on to turn them on

1716155710602.png

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
I wish I had one of these to tell every **** with no lights on to turn them on

View attachment 435109
I have one of these :laughing:
Whilst I wasn't out driving, I was on the road on my bike on Friday night - some tool in a black Lamborghini racing another tool in a white 911 around the back roads near Ballymoney/Balnamore - both well over the ton. Seen the Lambo 3 times over the course of 2 hours - cost of living crisis eh.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
What is with some people driving at 30-35mph on the main roads, with a queue of 10-12 cars behind them? Fckin clueless!
It’s getting worse and worse.

Seems to be a mix of;

ageing population
EV hyper milers sweating bullets they won’t make it home
generally poor driving standards or lack of confidence and/or abilities

I think my only minor during my test was for confusing a speed limit and doing 30 in a 40 zone. Ones doing 30-40 on a well paved NSL road need shot fined

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I was stuck behind a Golf today going from Newtownbreda to the Boucher Road. On the 50mph sections they did 35-40 and in the 30 sections they did 40-45. Not sure what was going through their head.

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
What is with some people driving at 30-35mph on the main roads, with a queue of 10-12 cars behind them? Fckin clueless!

I don't really have an issue with that, mine's more with car 2 and 3 not having the gumption or ability to perform a simple overtake when the road ahead is clear.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I don't really have an issue with that, mine's more with car 2 and 3 not having the gumption or ability to perform a simple overtake when the road ahead is clear.
Tru, but with today's modern engines being a lot smaller, a lot of them just don't have the grunt to do an overtake. But your 100% right. First one behind not overtaking the slow one at the front only compounds the issue.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
See it so much. Today 2 cars behind a tractor lost count of the chances to overtake with plenty of room but no, couldn't be doing that. Sat behind them for 8 mile crawling.