Circuit of Ireland 2014 - to include the ERC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Excellent stages, big crowds, great weather. Couldn't fault the Circuit of Ireland in any way. Looking forward to watching the highlights and youtube videos over the next few days.
once you find the eurosport full coverage get her in here to **** cecil !

few complaints but on the whole nothing too dramatic worth posting about.

main complaint, no free sun cream for a ginger lol

Deleted member 13907

D
The only complaints we had were generally in relation to the town stages were it seemed the marshalled hadn't all been informed properly in some cases. I wouldn't say it was the fault of the marshalls on the ground - more just teething problems with the organisers and communicating information down to those on the ground, but all in all a very successful event.

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
Jennings was fairly pushing on when he rolled, a big accident it was to.

I am completely roasted too, no need for the sunbeds now to at least Tuesday.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Well here's my thoughts on my weekend. The weeks before I had been working 90 hours a week with no time to get near the car knowing it needed a Clutch Johnny from Ai kindly squeezed me in and done a clutch in record time a few days before the event and also mapped it and setup the antilag a few weeks previous. Without him I don't know if we would made it or done so well. Not only that the company I work for helped me out big style and can't thank them enough (Kerr's tyres). So here we go, we started the Reece on the Sunday before the event. Sarah my co driver wasn't feeling great that morning. Half way through the Reece she was sick and finding it hard to concentrate but we managed to get one pass of ever stage and are notes sorted.
This was are first ever Road closed event, before hand we had only ever done Bishopscourt. Davagh forest etc etc.
So we wanted to experience as much as possible. So after scrutineering was over and we had our service area setup. We headed to the ceremonial start.
Friday kick off day. Nerves where kicking in and we where excited as. This was a whole new experience for Sarah too with being an international event its Co drivers nightmare. People don't realise the work that goes on in between the stages. working out your times you need to get to the next stage, service etc signing in on that exact minute to avoid penalty etc. She done perfect pacenotes where spot on and got us to every time control on time avoiding penalties. The importance of the co driver is up there with the driver.
Hamiltons folly what a stage half way through we had brake failure which thankfully we managed to get sorted in the next service with a fluid change. Though it took a while to get my confidence in them back. Newtownards TT we broke a OSF driveshaft off the line meaning we couldn't get the power down at all :-( We limped back to service and the service crew done a brilliant job to get the car fixed and ready to go in to parc ferme In time.

Day 2 Saturday was a brilliant day with very little issues. Bronte stage was epic and was Finished with sweat dripping off us. Lisburn I just wanted to get around and never pushed hard at all on it. The last stage SS18 was the one I enjoyed the most . I was able to relax a lot more and enjoy the stages. The experience of the COI was unbelievable. I had learnt so much and now know my weakness so I can i try improve them on every rally onwards

We finished 1st in class and IFAK 3rd in the Ni rally champ. 27th Overall.
uploadfromtaptalk1397994635630.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1397994652510.jpg

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Should have done it when i used to then you would know what wrecked is. Back when it was a circuit of ireland when it started on the friday and finished on the monday
I wish I was old enough :p

Back then I done the local stuff in the buggy and then before I could drive was the castle grounds stage afyer city hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.