Pearl White GT86 #Now_Tinted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
From looking into it last night all the pics I put up were all done using plastidip by folks in the states. So at least it can be temporary if you want to go back to normal

Dave..

RMS Regular
From looking into it last night all the pics I put up were all done using plastidip by folks in the states. So at least it can be temporary if you want to go back to normal

The standard rims have a special teflon type coating, I wonder would plastidip stick to it?

Johnny_52

RMS Regular
Drives
AM Vantage
Looks well with the tints, scored some xxr527's on ebay to replace the standard rims on mine, going to run stock rubber until it is due a change, then run something 225 or 235.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Looks well with the tints, scored some xxr527's on ebay to replace the standard rims on mine, going to run stock rubber until it is due a change, then run something 225 or 235.

I think those are the same wheels I saw on a white one last Saturday but in the gunmetal colour.

Johnny_52

RMS Regular
Drives
AM Vantage
I think those are the same wheels I saw on a white one last Saturday but in the gunmetal colour.

Seem very popular in the states, have not seen another here yet with them, there is a white one in Bangor with dark wheels, hopefully it looks OK, im not a huge fan of the standard rims

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Was behind a white GT86 yesterday, really nice stance on them. Though the wheels look a little lost in OEM form, think they need spacers and/or a wider rim.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Seem very popular in the states, have not seen another here yet with them, there is a white one in Bangor with dark wheels, hopefully it looks OK, im not a huge fan of the standard rims

I love the standard wheels but it must be my age :grinning: as I seem to be the only person who does.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Would be good to see a few pics @Johnny_52. Have you now thread for your car? Would really like to see how it looks with the new wheels.

@GT86_Dave ... I'm with you Dave ... I actually do like the standard wheels, but realise there are other sets which will really suit the car probably better.

Johnny_52

RMS Regular
Drives
AM Vantage
Would be good to see a few pics @Johnny_52. Have you now thread for your car? Would really like to see how it looks with the new wheels.

@GT86_Dave ... I'm with you Dave ... I actually do like the standard wheels, but realise there are other sets which will really suit the car probably better.

Ill post a before and after pic when I get the rims on. Thinking a slight drop may be in order when they are fitted :grinning:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Good job. Slight drop will suit the car as well. Thankfully, as standard, the car doesn't look like 4x4! Look forward to seeing the pics.

Must be getting nearly enough 86 owners to organise a wee trip round the coast some day ;)

Dave..

RMS Regular
Good job. Slight drop will suit the car as well. Thankfully, as standard, the car doesn't look like 4x4! Look forward to seeing the pics.

Must be getting nearly enough 86 owners to organise a wee trip round the coast some day ;)

A road trip round Kirkistown would be more fun but using CH demo cars,.....

Johnny_52

RMS Regular
Drives
AM Vantage
image.jpg

Just arrived for mine :grinning:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Seen one of these in the pearl white in Boucher M&S carpark with a 3digit plate at lunchtime today - colour looks even better in the flesh

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Wow...those will look class once fitted. Look forward to seeing the pics :grinning:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Love it. Looks fantastic. Did you change the tires as well?

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Yeah, bought some 225 wide rubber, not the best brand, so far seem like they have more grip than the earth biscuit Prius numbers.

I thought the lack of grip (especially at the rear) was all part of the fun of these motors :p

Dave..

RMS Regular
Yeah, bought some 225 wide rubber, not the best brand, so far seem like they have more grip than the earth biscuit Prius numbers.

I have never had any grip problems with the standard Prius tyres. Sometimes too much grip.

Johnny_52

RMS Regular
Drives
AM Vantage
I have never had any grip problems with the standard Prius tyres. Sometimes too much grip.

I think they are crap, predictable yes, but my main problem was under braking, the car would squirm and skip, the abs would also come in very quickly , I done a trackskills day at Kirky and found that the tyres were the weak part of the cars setup.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I think they are crap, predictable yes, but my main problem was under braking, the car would squirm and skip, the abs would also come in very quickly , I done a trackskills day at Kirky and found that the tyres were the weak part of the cars setup.

They will do me, I must be driving like an old man :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.