Pearl White GT86 #Now_Tinted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Well, as some of you know, I traded the Bocanegra in a few weeks ago for the GT86. The Bocanegra was a fantastic car and fulfilled its purpose for my needs at the time. Was cheap to tax, insure and fuel. However, I just felt I was starting to get a bit too old to be driving around in a lowered hot-hatch and it was time to change to something else.

So, I have always had a soft spot for the Toyota GT86's; from the inception as the FT86 through to the final model for the market. When Curtis' at Ballymena had their unveiling of the GT86, I test drove the car that night and I knew that one day I would end up with one.

After looking at one or two different cars, I finally opted for a 2013 model with 6500miles on the clock. For me, this is my dream affordable car and comes fully loaded with plenty of accessories: auto lights, heated seats, satnav, cruise control, push-button start, pearlescent paint, half leather / alacantara upholstery, Bluetooth / hands-free, USB etc

It's certainly not the quickest car on the road, but it is nippy enough for me. I will be leaving this car completely standard, although one or two items from Fensport are winking at me...just cosmetic bits and pieces, e.g. carbon-fibre diffuser...it's a bit expensive though for all it is. Might end up having the diffuser carbon-dipped...but that is really the only thing I am considering.

Have to say thanks to @GT86_Dave for providing me with a space-saver wheel earlier...nice wee addition to have in case of emergency.

Anyway, a few pics. I know these aren't to everyone's liking, but I think they look class and are a real pleasure to drive.

Main intention is just to drive this car and enjoy it for a couple of years. Have been pleasantly surprised on the drive into work, getting between 39-42.5mpg taking it easy ;)

Thanks for having a look.

Dave

Last edited:

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That looks well and nice spec. I was beside one at the lights last week. Nice road presence.
I'm sure at 200BHP they are nippy enough and with that MPG you can't complain. (y) Not personally a fan of the wheels!
Enjoy!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Very nice sir, a few popping up here now.

Definitely tempting now that they're coming down in price.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
To be honest, the car could probably do with just a little more power / torque. It doesnt really come alive until after 5000rpm, but it is very drivable and liveable with. I know what you mean @Carson about the wheels, I wasnt too sure about them from pictures. However, in reality, they are actually dead-on and I think they suit ok. Couldnt afford to change them anyway at the moment.

Last edited:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Very nice sir, a few popping up here now.

Definitely tempting now that they're coming down in price.

Definitely coming down in price now, making them more affordable. Worth a consideration if you are thinking of changing soon.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Love these cars. TRD wheels look nicer than the standard ones no idea on price though :worried:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Nice, mine is almost identical :grinning:

Ha ha, definitely a few of these starting to come out of the wood work now. How do you find the car Johnny?

Love these cars. TRD wheels look nicer than the standard ones no idea on price though :worried:

TRD kit is expensive...for essentially just a body kit. The wheels on TRD are 18s as opposed to the standard 17s. I do like the quad exhaust on the TRD though.

Cro

RMS Regular
Looks great Dave, maybe even consider a set of spacers? The pearl paint looks great in the flesh, glad the plate is on now too (y)

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Awesome :grinning:

You might be the guy who passes me a few times, I'd be heading towards the roundabout at Craigavon hospital, you're coming from there?

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Lovely car! Does it feel slower than the Boc?

Cheers buddy. Completely different feel to this than the Boc. Remember, this is N/A engine, so no super/turbo charger to give boost. It doesnt feel slow, but its not as urgent as what the Boc was...and I know my boc would have been quicker from launch...but I dont really care to be honest, I am enjoying the new car massively and there is a lovely note if it.

Looks great Dave, maybe even consider a set of spacers? The pearl paint looks great in the flesh, glad the plate is on now too (y)

Cheers Cro...the pearl paint comes up well alright. Took 3wks for plate to transfer...and then DVA got my name wrong on the registration book, so had to send it back for amendment today.

Really dont want to start to tinker with this one at all Cro...I know if I start, then one thing will lead to another (as tempting as it might be lol). Just going to drive and enjoy and trade it in a few years.

Last edited:

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Cheers buddy. Completely different feel to this than the Boc. Remember, this is N/A engine, so no super/turbo charger to give boost. It doesnt feel slow, but its not as urgent as what the Boc was...and I know my boc would have been quicker from launch...but I dont really care to be honest, I am enjoying the new car massively and there is a lovely note if it.

Cheers Cro...the pear paint comes up well alright. Took 3wks for plate to transfer...and then DVA got my name wrong on the registration book, so had to send it back for amendment today.

Really dont want to start to tinker with this one at all Cro...I know if I start, then one thing will lead to another (as tempting as it might be lol). Just going to drive and enjoy and trade it in a few years.

Enjoy mate! They are brilliant cars :grinning:

Can imagine late night roundabouts would be fun!

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra

Cheers Cro...the pear paint comes up well alright. Took 3wks for plate to transfer...and then DVA got my name wrong on the registration book, so had to send it back for amendment today.

Enjoy mate! They are brilliant cars :grinning:

Can imagine late night roundabouts would be fun!

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Awesome :grinning:

You might be the guy who passes me a few times, I'd be heading towards the roundabout at Craigavon hospital, you're coming from there?

Fair chance it could be me Sonny...have been enjoying those round-a-bouts recently ;).

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Sometimes i would just go for a drive round the roundabouts, just for a wee blip...nothing silly, but just has to be done from time to time lol

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Love these, still a rare sight on the roads.

7.6 sec's to 60 is still a fast car, I hear the handling is really geared towards a driving enthusiast so I bet it's just a pleasure to drive.

Health to enjoy!

Keith

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Would love one of these, as above 7.6 to 60 isnt too bad at all. I keep an eye out for it about town.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Love these, still a rare sight on the roads.

7.6 sec's to 60 is still a fast car, I hear the handling is really geared towards a driving enthusiast so I bet it's just a pleasure to drive.

Health to enjoy!

Keith

Cheers Keith. Yeah, it is lovely to drive. Feels good to be back in a manual after about 4yrs of dsg / paddle shift. Much more engaging drive. Its quick enough for me, a little more torque would be nice though.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Cheers Cormac. Sure, if you go to the Lurgan Park Rally, will see there all being well.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
OP
T66 DNP
Drives
320i M Sport
Fensport do a turbo conversion for £4k, brings the car to around 280bhp with potentially to around 320. There is a cheaper remap option that brings the car to about 212bhp and includes launch control. Wouldn't be arsed with it though (certainly not at the moment).

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
very nice mate, look great in white
great car and great fun ... really glad to see them appearing on here now rather than the audi 'love in brigade'

the car as you say drives really well standard ... i'd have 'drive' over perceived bhp any day of the week.

how do you find the sound system?
this was the only gripe my bro had with his but he soon fixed that.

health to drive and all that

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.