F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Can I just ask what involvement Ferrari has with Marussia?
He's been associated with the Ferrari team since 2009.

Was in a young drivers programme.
Was back up driver for Ferrari and also a test drive and was with them till 2011.

Then was loaded to force India for a year drive Friday practice sessions etc until his move to marussia.

No sure what the link atm is, he just seems to be like by everyone in the other teams, and isnt afraid to talk to the top drives and is kinda friendly with Alonso it would seem.

The marussia cars have a Ferrari engine so the teams or a little linked by that.

MarkM

RMS Regular
He's been associated with the Ferrari team since 2009.

Was in a young drivers programme.
Was back up driver for Ferrari and also a test drive and was with them till 2011.

Then was loaded to force India for a year drive Friday practice sessions etc until his move to marussia.

No sure what the link atm is, he just seems to be like by everyone in the other teams, and isnt afraid to talk to the top drives and is kinda friendly with Alonso it would seem.

The marussia cars have a Ferrari engine so the teams or a little linked by that.

He still is a Ferrari employee, I think he was a cert to replace Kimi for 2016, not going to happen for him now :worried:

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Yeah he even tested this year for Ferrari at Silverstone, why they never gave him a chance I'll never know, would've been one of the fastest guys on the grid

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In the Ferrari young driver programme, was out at Marussia (and earlier Force India) as a kind of work placement. Basically sponsored/supported by Ferrari.

Nice to see Ferrari stepping up like that. Marussia would probably not have access to quite the same kind of resources, even though they no doubt are doing everything they can as well.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yeah he even tested this year for Ferrari at Silverstone, why they never gave him a chance I'll never know, would've been one of the fastest guys on the grid

I think Ferrari are not having the same tradition as RB, or even McL, of taking young drivers from the dev programmes and putting them straight into the main team. They seem to farm them out for a few years first, to build experience and "earn" a seat.

I think it was the same with Massa as well?

In fairness RB do too actually, on second thought... They put them at TR first, before bringing whoever comes out on top into RB.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
no nothing new, loads a funny rumours about Hamilton signing for McClaren lol

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
McLaren have said he's not coming back in 2015.

Lewis has said he has no thoughts of leaving Mercedes.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, why on earth should he switch now :grinning: Alonso will be at McL/Honda, probably with Magnusen as wing man.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I think McLaren should keep Button, he is a good steady man to help out with a development year. Also he is a big name in Japan so there might be good marketing opportunities for having him.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
I reckon Alonso has shot himself in the foot.......he is playing musical chairs and at this rate well end up with Sauber!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Read a rumour this morning that Vettel may not be off to Ferrari but he may well be Alonso's teammate ;)

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Vettel will wipe the floor with him...................had to before all the haters and yes yes yes I know he got his arse handed to him on a plate by RIC this year........

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
was only joking! I am a huge Vet fan but am first to admit he has been poor this year.

Hate Alonso for things he has done in the past but there is no doubt he is a gifted driver.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think McLaren should keep Button, he is a good steady man to help out with a development year. Also he is a big name in Japan so there might be good marketing opportunities for having him.

With Alonso there they have absolutely no need for Button. Alonso can do anything Button can, and more, and better.

And Alonso needs a "quiet" team mate, cannot see him and Vettel getting on very well. The last thing McL/Honda need is another Alonso/Lewis (or Prost/Senna) dust-up while sorting out the new car and engine!

But hey, stranger things have happened.

Besides, not exactly a secret that Vettel always had his eye on a drive at Ferrari. Do a full "Schumacher" and all that.

Alonso is still a cheating barsteward though :innocent:

Shaun

RMS Regular
Vettel, will go to Ferrari.

Button is done so can see him moving to a lesser team and Alonso taking his place.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Think you are all forgetting button could have been a major factor in the mcclaren honda deal. He is well respected in japan and has had relationships with honda back as far as BAR in the 90s

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Lotus to use Mercedes-AMG Power Units from next year.

I expect a better season from Lotus next year as a result.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Honda want a star driver- that's why Button is likely to be replaced.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
No disrespect but In my opinion Button has had his day yes it'd b nice to see him back in a Honda but is it time for a new face?

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Lotus has learned where they went painfully wrong with this years abomination,
next years chasis is already penned and will be back at the sharp end , add a
Merc powertrain to the mix and watch them go. !

Acting team principal at Lotus, Gerard Lopez has admitted that the team will continue to struggle until the end of the 2014 season, saying that a problem with the current E22 chassis will not be resolved.

Lotus struggled in the beginning of the season with its power unit, but having resolved most of those issues before going to the Spanish GP earlier this season, the team found a major issue with its chassis. Having switched its focus to 2015, Lopez dutifully admitted his team's struggles will therefore continue.

"We had a lot of issues at the beginning of the season with the drivetrain and then somehow midway through the season we’ve found out that we have some issues with the chassis, which are quite difficult to solve for this year", Lopez said in an interview with F1's official site.

"But, it is good that we found out before we started to develop the next car, so for the rest of the season we try to save whatever can be saved - but yes, it will be a difficult season all the way to the end. "

Lopez claimed that the team is not in financial difficulties, probably posting a small profit this year, despite dragging about its deficit, especially from its loss in 2013. He also refuted claims on underperforming drivers and emphasized that the team have everything in hand to fight at the front.

As I said before, 2014 is what it is. It is not the position we are supposed to be in. We have about 470 people in the factory, so it’s still a big team; we have a two year-old wind tunnel, we have two year-old CFD - all the stuff that you need to compete.

"It was the mistake with the chassis that got us where we are now - and we definitely don’t want to make this mistake again. I am not saying that we will be fighting for the world championship next year, but we should go back to where we’ve been the previous two years."

Lopez did not clear up entirely what is the specific problem with the current Lotus E22 chassis, but it is widely known that these issues have created an unpredictable car with an inherent instability under braking.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.