F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevyg

RMS Regular
If I was even thinking about being competitive in F1, there's no-way Id be anywhere near Marussia or their stuff lmao

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Exactly, just buying a load of infrastructure and real estate in England for a future base. Nothing wrong with that, if anything shows it might actually happen.

I assume he got the mule cheap, or even thrown in with the furniture. Hardly the main point, or any basis for a new 2016 car.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
HOW LEWIS HAMILTON SETS UP HIS MERCEDES F1 STEERING WHEEL DIFFERENTLY FROM NICO ROSBERG
INNOVATION

The second in our end of season mini-series of animated technical short videos is a fascinating piece, which shows the differences between the steering wheel set up of the two Mercedes drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

The animation is produced by Giorgio Piola and the explanatory voice over is by JA on F1 technical adviser Dominic Harlow, formerly chief operations engineer at Force India.

Most of the controls on a modern F1 car are now on the wheel, apart from the throttle and brakes. Even the clutch and the brake balance control are on the wheel.

The brake balance is particularly interesting, as Hamilton has a more sophisticated set up than Rosberg, clearly it’s an area he likes to work on in detail.

Ironically it was forgetting to reset the balance on his second fast lap before the pit stops in Interlagos, Brazil, that caused him to spin and lose time.

For those who may have missed the first item earlier this week, here is the analysis of why the Mercedes was the dominant car in 2014, looking at the layout and position of the hybrid turbo power unit but also studying the aerodynamic upgrades through the season, particularly with the rear end, which made the car class leading aerodynamically as well as in power terms.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think Lewis said already at the start of the season that the steering wheel was one of the areas that he had spent the most time on, and that his and Nico's wheels ended up quite different.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I find Xbox controller quite challenging . .lol .
And your not trying to use it traveling at 150+mph battling bumps, G forces and other cars while it also could be raining, high cockpit temperatures, thinking about tyres, fuel, lap/sector times and numerous other things.

Think I'll stick with my steering wheel with the one horn button thanks haha

Last edited:

56oval

RMS Regular
HOW LEWIS HAMILTON SETS UP HIS MERCEDES F1 STEERING WHEEL DIFFERENTLY FROM NICO ROSBERG
INNOVATION

The second in our end of season mini-series of animated technical short videos is a fascinating piece, which shows the differences between the steering wheel set up of the two Mercedes drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

The animation is produced by Giorgio Piola and the explanatory voice over is by JA on F1 technical adviser Dominic Harlow, formerly chief operations engineer at Force India.

Most of the controls on a modern F1 car are now on the wheel, apart from the throttle and brakes. Even the clutch and the brake balance control are on the wheel.

The brake balance is particularly interesting, as Hamilton has a more sophisticated set up than Rosberg, clearly it’s an area he likes to work on in detail.

Ironically it was forgetting to reset the balance on his second fast lap before the pit stops in Interlagos, Brazil, that caused him to spin and lose time.

For those who may have missed the first item earlier this week, here is the analysis of why the Mercedes was the dominant car in 2014, looking at the layout and position of the hybrid turbo power unit but also studying the aerodynamic upgrades through the season, particularly with the rear end, which made the car class leading aerodynamically as well as in power terms.

Dont get me wrong, this sh*t filters down into the mediocre slush bags from audi and a few bavaraian cortinas ( and mercs, who can't quite master a built in nav display) , many like to masturbate over this tech, much like buying a "fleshlite" ( apparently ) from the interweb.

Just stick 20 douchebags in 20 not so smart cars and throw them around monaco with a luncheon voucher as a reward for the winner, "rubbing"allowed no holds barred, and get the f*ck rid of this pi$$ poor circus, its done, enough already.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.