Lanes/Targa Rallies

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Entry in for INTBD. Been Queens lanes since i've been out, so can't wait!

Jeez, when you are finished with blowing the cobwebs off, can I borrow the duster please.

I know we have at least one car out on Boxing Day, wee white car won't be though, still at paint :worried:

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Technically, i wouldn't exactly say i'm 'ready' for it as such... but i'm entered! Since we drove to Wales... did Powys Lanes and then drove home again, i haven't looked at it! I think i just entered intbd to give myself a kick up the hole!

KevM

RMS Regular
I think i just entered intbd to give myself a kick up the hole!

Maybe thats what I need to do, my MOT expires before the INTBDR and I have zero motivation to do anything about getting it through. Its inevitable that they'll fail it on the handbrake anyway :p

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Maybe thats what I need to do, my MOT expires before the INTBDR and I have zero motivation to do anything about getting it through. Its inevitable that they'll fail it on the handbrake anyway :p

Pull the finger out and get your entry in :p

jasy d

RMS Regular
Drives
gsi carlton/s14a
1.4 16v vauxhall tigra forsale has done one lanes rally ready for more call or txt 07592343355 thanks

KevM

RMS Regular
Iv a boot full of wheels & tyres in today to swap round in prep for MOT on Saturday, so I might get out for a hoke if the friendly MOT man say yes.... :grinning:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
When do entries close?

Our car might be ready by Saturday and I would rather enter when it is rather than live in hope!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
That's mad. It's not so many years ago that the boxing day was struggling to get into double figures!

Mark_S

RMS Member
Drives
330ci
Me and the bro have jus entered.. gonna be our first rally in the wee Saxo..

We are just trying to get it ready here too.

Has any1 ever put a hydraulic handbrake into a saxo? we have it plumed in but the dam thing won't work..

I think it's plumed properly but I'm just wondering do I have to bypass the load sensing valve..

Can any1 help please!!!!!!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Nope!
We didn't think it worth the time or money to put one in such a cheap car so we just made the standard one as good a possible with new discs, pads, a handbrake extension and a mod on the calipers.

I think you have to bypass the valve

DavyC

RMS Regular
@Mark_S Welcome along!

Not sure about the load sensing valve. A common mistake is getting the inlet and outlet mixed up on the master cylinder. The inlet is the one nearest the end of the body and the outlet is about half way up the master cylinder body. When bleeding make sure the handbrake master cylinder is positioned with the outlet as the highest point and just bleed with the foot pedal as normal.

KevM

RMS Regular
I'm on a late nighter too, I have a wheel arch to tidy (standard MX5) before the test tomorrow after work... A night in the garage this close to xmas, wife might kill me!! lol

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Me and the bro have jus entered.. gonna be our first rally in the wee Saxo..

We are just trying to get it ready here too.

Has any1 ever put a hydraulic handbrake into a saxo? we have it plumed in but the dam thing won't work..

I think it's plumed properly but I'm just wondering do I have to bypass the load sensing valve..

Can any1 help please!!!!!!

Bypass the valve.

@RComms has a photo of when I did his 306 to give you an idea

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
@Mark_S Welcome along!

Not sure about the load sensing valve. A common mistake is getting the inlet and outlet mixed up on the master cylinder. The inlet is the one nearest the end of the body and the outlet is about half way up the master cylinder body. When bleeding make sure the handbrake master cylinder is positioned with the outlet as the highest point and just bleed with the foot pedal as normal.

That is false dude, there are plenty that come the other way round.

However, for the majority of AP/Girling style cylinders you are correct, the inlet will be the flat (i.e. designed to have a reservoir screwed on) and the outlet is at an angle facing forward.

DavyC

RMS Regular
^^..Ah of course!..shouldnt have generalised it like that!.. Cheers for that!

@KevM Good man!... Never worry about Mrs Claus, Santa needs to get the RWD sleigh MOT'd!..

Last edited:

Mark_S

RMS Member
Drives
330ci
Cheers @DavyC ... Thanks for the info lads. il try to bypass the valve today it makes sense to do that. If that doesnt work il tighten the normal handbrake and leave the hydro sittin in the car as a showpiece lol.

Think i seeded 94th this must be a huge rally why are there only 2 classes tho?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Cheers @DavyC ... Thanks for the info lads. il try to bypass the valve today it makes sense to do that. If that doesnt work il tighten the normal handbrake and leave the hydro sittin in the car as a showpiece lol.

Think i seeded 94th this must be a huge rally why are there only 2 classes tho?

Don't worry about classes - they mean little/nothing and are purely a paperwork exercise for the organisers to cover themselves with MSA and Insurance