Lanes/Targa Rallies

DavyC

RMS Regular
Another good entry there!.. Looking forward to seeing what Davagh Forest is like!

@peespeed ...Are you for making the long journey up for this one?

@mike150 ..Hope you're ready for your turn in the hot seat?!... Payback time for your mate this weekend!:p

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
@mike150 ..Hope you're ready for your turn in the hot seat?!... Payback time for your mate this weekend!:p[/QUOTE]

Im co driving! My good friend Darwyn is driving.............wonder if we will still be friends on Saturday evening:rolleyes:

Its a long run up for us, 1 1/2 hours!

DavyC

RMS Regular
@peespeed , I reckon you need to beg/borrow/steal a scrambler, strap it on a trailer beside a certain red Starlet and hitch a ride, chase the rally through the forest all day then hitch a ride back down again!.. Catch up on beauty sleep, and save fuel!..

@mike150 ,I'd deem the co-drivers as being the hot seat!... Certainly would be if I was to try it, I'd be bricking it!.. ..^o) ..Nope! No way! Just couldnt do it! Hat off to you sir!

@KevM , you might as well try to get get up good an early... and bring the MX... and someone to keep you company... and sure if an entry form happened to blow past you in the wind, and a pen fell out of your pocket at the same time... ??!!..

KevM

RMS Regular
The maps are out for it, looks unreal!! If I'd a nav, id be up and away Saturday morning no baw!! lol

John_MK5

RMS Regular
Burst 3 wheels, hit a mini christmas tree and a tree stump, lost the clutch, had to lose the bonnet to try stop it from boiling, bent a top rear arm and the steering arm. 12th overall and a good day out

John_MK5

RMS Regular
Aye proud to be on the working group for the event. Was a brilliant day out. Plenty of problems but finished every test laughing our heads off and some brilliant acts of comraderie with people stoping to help and offer help along the way. Thats what its all about.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I didn't go as my wee girl was sick last night. Replacement co driver draughted in and the car went..................came home on a recovery truck with a new access hole in the gearbox.

peespeed

RMS Regular
Great days fun in Davagh, some mad lunatics out in MX5's.............not looking in @John_MK5s direction at all lol. Another good steady drive by @DavyC, steadily climbing up the results.

I must say though, a great army of marshals and timekeepers out on the tests, must have been almost a marshal per pylon, well done to all who stood out and all the organising committee in the club, one of the best events of the year, nice compact route and no delays

DavyC

RMS Regular
Well, there goes another class rally!.. Super tests and really well run and supported! We wondered if it was just going to be the same type of tests being in the one forest park but they were all unique in some way and there was a good mixture of surfaces! The compact test route meant minimal road miles too and allowed for a pretty relaxed day. I reckon there was defiantely time for a fourth lap of the tests! I found the 1st test a bit nerve wrecking to be honest... you could fly on the grippy tarmac bits, but step onto the fir needles and you'd be spat off course in an instant (down in among the trees!).. all adds to the excitement eh!

Looking through @peespeed 's photos last night and there's some crackers again! Smiles / hands out the window definitely make a good photo @John_MK5 ... the wee bonnetless wonder done well to make it to the end by the sound of things... Catch phrase of the day came from Grainne at lunch time.. "..Aye, we're overheating, clutch is gone, somethings bent... oh, and we've killed a baby christmas tree!"..

@mike150 Sorry you didnt make it out!(hope the wee lady's feeling better!).. and sorry to hear the gear bag's burst!.. That's a tidy looking wee saxo all the same! Four weeks or so to get her fixed for the 'not the boxing day rally'!

peespeed

RMS Regular
Start filling in the diaries and booking the time off work for 2015, dates are out for next years Targa Rallys :laughing:
Sat 18 Apr DMC Springfling Lanes Rally
Sat 2 May CMC CookstownMC Targa Rally
Sat 30 May PMC (NI) Police MC Targa Rally
Sat 18 Jul QUBMC Summer Lanes Rally
Sat 22 Aug RMC Rathfriland Targa Rally
Sat 3 Oct LMC Laharna Rally
Sat 14 Nov BDMC Autumn Lanes Rally
Sat 21 Nov MDMC Glenview Trophies Targa Rally
Mon 28 Dec UAC Boxing Day Rally

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Always really liked that car...but without dragging up old issues, how does it comply with Targa regs in terms of interior trim etc? Or has that been brushed under the carpet (or lack of..scuse the pun) at the targas these days? Been a while since I was at one due to chronic lack of brakes.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Always really liked that car...but without dragging up old issues, how does it comply with Targa regs in terms of interior trim etc? Or has that been brushed under the carpet (or lack of..scuse the pun) at the targas these days? Been a while since I was at one due to chronic lack of brakes.

Well the rear seats are there, he could have the roof cloth and carpets stuffed in between the rear seats, there isn't much to them in a Nova. Interior trim just needs to be in the car, not in its original location.

KevM

RMS Regular
Yep, you can see the interior trim rolled up and cable-tied to the Harness bar in the pics!

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Is there a provisional entry list online for INTBD? I thought I had seen one on facebook but I can't find it now.