Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, that was a bit hectic :grinning:

Even if he could not see you (which was probably the case), he should have known you might be there since he went past you :p

Well caught!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Lol, that was a bit hectic :grinning:

Even if he could not see you (which was probably the case), he should have known you might be there since he went past you :p

Well caught!

He passed the camera car, so he should 100% have known and expected it to still be there.

Plain and simple dangerous driving.

localboy

RMS Regular
Drives
bora
That's crazy!
There's no way I'd be driving beside a lorry like that on a roundabout tho.

Darren91

RMS Regular
That's crazy!
There's no way I'd be driving beside a lorry like that on a roundabout tho.

I was assuming since he was in the right lane he was going round the roundabout, still, it would've been his fault if he hit me as he didn't check his mirrors. Don't know why he overtook me though, as you could see I was doing just below the 50mph limit!

He got some choice words directed his way as I passed him just past Eakins.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, he was in the wrong, no doubt.

But lorries are bigger, they win, makes no difference who is "right". And as others said, going up beside a lorry in a roundabout is usually asking for trouble. So easy to just hang behind, and then pass the other side, just avoids any chance of altercation.

In fairness, there is no way he could see you in his mirrors. You can see this in the video. His mirror is not visible from the car, never mind him in the mirror. If you cannot see the driver in their mirror, then they have no chance of seeing you. And then you are on your own really.

localboy

RMS Regular
Drives
bora

But lorries are bigger, they win, makes no difference who is "right". And as others said, going up beside a lorry in a roundabout is usually asking for trouble. So easy to just hang behind, and then pass the other side, just avoids any chance of altercation.

In fairness, there is no way he could see you in his mirrors. You can see this in the video. His mirror is not visible from the car, never mind him in the mirror. If you cannot see the driver in their mirror, then they have no chance of seeing you. And then you are on your own really.

100% right
I just assume every large vehicle can't see me and I hang back a little, I'd rather be cautious than get slammed with 10 tonnes of metal lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

The lorry was the one doing the overtaking, there's only so far you can go with evasive or preventative driving....

The lorry didnt look, probably didnt signal, didnt use correct lanes etc etc Absolutely 100% in the wrong. The camera car did nothing wrong there

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR

I love how she just picks up her bag like nothing happened.

Seen this yesterday on Facebook. Also nice how the taxi driver just gets out to look at his car and then drive off, followed by the footage stopping moments before the camera car runs a red light ;)

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
sorry if this has been asked already, but am looking at getting one of these, and have been looking at this one, anyone any experience of it? reviews certainly seem good..

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
sorry if this has been asked already, but am looking at getting one of these, and have been looking at this one, anyone any experience of it? reviews certainly seem good..

That seems pricy for a G1W. I've a G1WH (has 140 degree viewing angle, G1W has 120 degree) and it's decent enough quality and does the job. I had to change the firmware on it though to DOD firmware as it didn't like 32gb sd card's, it has worked 100% since.

Last edited:

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
That seems pricy for a G1W. I've a G1WH (has 140 degree viewing angle, G1W has 120 degree) and it's decent enough quality and does the job. I had to change the firmware on it though to DOD firmware as it didn't like 32gb sd card's, it has worked 100% since.
Mine has recently decided it doesn't like its current SD card (32 GB). How do you change the firmware?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
This only works with a genuine g1WH model, do not try with a g1w model

There are several versions of firmware in the download, I found the LS388W firmware works best but you can try them all.

"Firmware Update Instructions

1.Download the firmware file to your computer
2.Unzip the file
3.Format your memory card in your computer (or unit)
4.Copy the bin file to the root of your memory card
5.Change the name of the firmware you would like to flash to FWDM800H (required as the G1WH will not update with bin files with names other then this)
6.Put card into camera
7.Power camera on (make sure the camera is plugged in)
8.The camera will update automatically. The screen will stay off but the status light will ight up; it will take 30-60 seeconds
9.After updating, remove the memory card and test with another memory card or remove the firmware from the memory card you used for the update or it will flash every time"

LINK TO FIRMWARE: http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/g1w/G1WH firmware.zip

Last edited:

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Be aware that the menu system will be completely different than your original firmware. The settings are similar though and it's not difficult to figure it out.