Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Why did they have to mess the rear arches up so very badly, the concept arches look great. In fact the whole concept looks great. I realise the arches were done to keep it to a budget, but surely an extra £500 per car would have more than covered the costs and you'd surely sell more despite the higher price.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Wind tunnel testing for BTCC hnnnnngggg!

FB_IMG_1426596693657.jpg
FB_IMG_1426596695729.jpg
FB_IMG_1426596700870.jpg
FB_IMG_1426596703071.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Too much going on with it ...

Dare I say ... 'Max Power'

Reactions: DC.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
They should have just ploughed the money into the production line and went with the arches from the concept. They looked fantastic. Proper flared arches will always be better than stick-on jobs. And because both the arch and rear door are slightly flared, it looks more like a 3dr and less obvious that its a 5dr.

honda-civic-type-r-concept-rear-three-quarters.jpg

They really missed a trick not building it like that, even I would've been tempted with one!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
abomination:

n
1. a person or thing that is disgusting
2. an action that is vicious, vile, etc
3. intense loathing

Just about covers my point of view.

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
I understand that things change from concept to production, considering cost and design for manufacture however, this car has went from hero to zero. Loved the look of the concept, actual model leaves me with that 6R4 with standard wheelbase feeling!

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Seen it in Geneva myself and its not just the look of it but the fitment was terrible. About a 3 - 4 mm gap between arch and bodywork.
Plus the white match between plastic parts and steel body panels was off. Might have been just the lighting but didn't notice it on anything else. Disappointment.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Seen it in Geneva myself and its not just the look of it but the fitment was terrible. About a 3 - 4 mm gap between arch and bodywork.
Plus the white match between plastic parts and steel body panels was off. Might have been just the lighting but didn't notice it on anything else. Disappointment.

Didn't notice the colour difference too much on the Type-R but the paint match on the normal white civic on their stand was awful. Bumpers were almost a creamy colour.

Only photos I've really liked are the press photos I posted a few pages back. White does nothing for the car from the back or side. Hoping red changes my mind.

honda-1.jpg

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Didn't notice the colour difference too much on the Type-R but the paint match on the normal white civic on their stand was awful. Bumpers were almost a creamy colour.

Only photos I've really liked are the press photos I posted a few pages back. White does nothing for the car from the back or side. Hoping red changes my mind.

View attachment 80212
This seems to be the case with white cars. My wife's MX5 is white. When clean and in clear sunshine, the rear valence and the nose are a slightly different shade to the metal body panels.

The block across of the road from the in-laws had one of the very first R35 GTRs when they first came out. He sent it back twice because the rear bumper was a slightly different shade of white to the rest of the car. It's clearly something to do with them all having plastic bumpers.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
It's been a problem for years with many different manufacturers. There were a large number of complaints levelled at Ford by Mk2 Focus RS owners who also found the plastic bits of the car didn't quite match the colour on the body panels perfectly.

I know Championship White is their signature colour for Type R models, but it doesn't do the car any favours in a show setting ................. should have went with black.

Last edited:

Gavlar

RMS Regular
MG/Rover had the same issues yellow cars had nearly completely different coloured bumpers to the body lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Absolutely love the model below, but again its not a car id want on my drive ... I just think it screams to much, some subtleness would have been better, its only a Civic after all not a Zonda. Imagine living with it day in day out ... would give you a headache just looking at it.

honda-civic-type-r-concept-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Reactions: DC.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I love it and def will have a look once they hit a showroom on our shores just to see what they are like in flesh.