Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

Vtec Phil

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
Haha, thought you'd not like the new engine cover. :p

I did, at the time of posting. That section of the wiki was edited last night at 23:03. Based on the references used in the '4th Generation' header (24-27), none of them make reference to a model code 'FK'. As I posted before FKs are 5 door mk8 civics.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_...C_FA1.2C_FG1.2C_FG2.2C_FA5.2C_FK.2C_FN.2C_MK8

iv also read other reference to FK2 i do understand what you saying im only putting down what ive read in few differnet places now.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Granted, I can't find anything about a production model code for the 2015 model so we can't exactly disprove each other. In the grand scheme of things, it's not worth arguing over.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I must be getting old. I think that is truly awful looking. It just seems to have so many bits stuck on imho. I kinda think the RS focus suffers a similar fate, although not quite to the degree Honda has gone to.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Limited numbers available initially. They'll not struggle to shift them either.

Plenty of chat about it online. Like it or hate it, it's good to see them release a new 'R' model. The stand was busy the whole day on Tuesday. Will be taking one for a test drive when they arrive in dealers here to see what all the fuss is about.

I do like it. But a set of spacers would really transform it.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
They are the same posts on here so is there 2 people with one username but what I really want to know is.......... Is there a deposit on one or not??

It's ok, it was his mate put the deposit on one, but was logged in to his account. :party:

10YNI9aU5LQR68.gif

I do like it. But a set of spacers would really transform it.

And a remap.....and a 2 digit NI plate. :p

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I'd say it would be some going thing with a proper remap (y)

FD2 will be a tough act to follow, hope it can fill its boots well ................

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
That civic pushes my buttons, just looks like fun, fun you should be a little bit guilty about when you are in your 30's and 'grown up'.

Eagerly waiting on some reviews.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I'd say it would be some going thing with a proper remap (y)

FD2 will be a tough act to follow, hope it can fill its boots well ................

Once the 'tuners' get hold of them, it'll get interesting.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Tdi are probably really excited but as they said they have been making turbo type r's these past few years lol

They've all pushed the K20's potential massively over the years. Same with the previous generations of engines.

Will be interesting to see what they do with this new one.

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
It's ok, it was his mate put the deposit on one, but was logged in to his account.
Lol its not that difficult to understand, my buddy has a deposit on one, for now, and he uses my phone which is logged onto all my TapaTalk forums so when he is posting its showing up as my name and he was on civinfo for more info about the new CTR. He made an account on civinfo himself now so there should be no more confusion, and more importantly no more notifications coming through on my phone, been melting my head this past few weeks.

They are the same posts on here so is there 2 people with one username but what I really want to know is.......... Is there a deposit on one or not??
When did I say on here that I had a deposit on the car? I fecking wish I had the money for it!

Banned
Have to say, the interior of the Type R looks nice!

Do they offer leather seats or cloth only?

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Have to say, the interior of the Type R looks nice!

Do they offer leather seats or cloth only?

Looks nice but that dash design will be a nightmare to keep clean, magnet for dust - like my mother in laws 2012 civic

Banned
Why do they keep calling this car the Fastest FWD car?

Are they forgetting the Focus RS500? It was a production car?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Claimed top speed of the RS500, 163mph. Claimed top speed of the Type R, 167mph. Fastest is subjective anyway; in a straight line, round the ring, on the moon, where?

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Why do they keep calling this car the Fastest FWD car?

Are they forgetting the Focus RS500? It was a production car?

They where referring to the ring lap, not the straight line speed...

And as above apparently...

Neil_M

RMS Regular
The top speed thing is irrelevant aside from pub talk.

It doesn't really make the car better or worse than the next one.

If anything it should be limited to 130 MPH with a short gearing, that would be the ticket :laughing:.