Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Bugger me, vtec_phil was right then. Apologies.

So Honda are reusing model codes now? I would've thought they'd use an F code or move to G.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Saw it in the flesh today ... My honest opinion is that it defo is better to look at rather than the pics. The rear is not bad.
Interior is a nice place to be. Nice feel of the gearbox and the seats are comfy albeit only in it for a brief period

Proof of pudding will be when the car is unleashed.

Plenty of people Viewing today ... Car never had a break anytime I went past it.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Looks very fast, wonder if this actually is 'the production model' though.

The ring time was set in the 'test' car which had less than the 310PS the production model is going to have . It did have a roll cage and only one front seat though. It was on production Continental tyres.

They're going back with the final car to do it again.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
I think it is looking better every time I open this thread.

[QUOTE="EP2, post: 2654547, member: ] I fecking wish I had the money for it![/QUOTE]

Did you not say previously that you were going to buy either this or a focus rs but couldn't wait for the rs so the civic sort of picked itself?!

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
I got a snoop about the car yesterday when I was in Geneva. The interior is a really nice place to be IMO... the seats are very comfortable as well and for me, I sat down low and they held me good. Really good feeling.

Here are a few pics I got... any time I was past there was always a huge crowd about the car. It was definitely attracting a lot of attention

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

typer-interior.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
I rang Donelly honda the other day and theyre not getting any in until September. If you put a deposit you may be waiting until 2016 to get your car. App very limited stock being given!

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Seen it on twitter and few forums.Think its the Honda plant in Swindon

Last edited:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or just vomit over those arches. Serious clanger in the design department. Lovely car in most other ways though. My deposit is safe and waiting for a decent Vantage to dip well under 30k.

Last edited:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I rang Donelly honda the other day and theyre not getting any in until September. If you put a deposit you may be waiting until 2016 to get your car. App very limited stock being given!

Could be the usual sales pitch to make you leave a deposit.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
The more I see the more I dislike. They've mad a mess of this imo, no doubt it will sell well though.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They should have just ploughed the money into the production line and went with the arches from the concept. They looked fantastic. Proper flared arches will always be better than stick-on jobs. And because both the arch and rear door are slightly flared, it looks more like a 3dr and less obvious that its a 5dr.

honda-civic-type-r-concept-rear-three-quarters.jpg

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
looking at the photo above, it really is a shame they opted to not have the flared rear arches on the production model. :worried:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I understand it costs more money and a different production line is needed, but nonetheless ................. BMW can manage it with M cars, Ford did it with RS models, Audi also do it with RS models ............ can't be that hard.