Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
@EP2 I wouldn't make any rash decisions yet mate. Honda could well make a cracker of a car.

We are all speculating until the car is out.
Yeah I'm not making any decisions until the car is out.

I fully expect the type r to be immense just as all other performance Hondas are. I just expected more in terms of styling, although I think it looks stunning in black.

Some more HD pics :grinning:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425506927.440012.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425506936.990216.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425506949.293227.jpg

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Who cares how much it will "hold it's value" too much gurning goes on about resale value. You buy a car to enjoy, not to sit and angst about how much it's worth. You could die tomorrow, why be miserable.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
No more wrinkle finish rocker covers? I'm out :worried:

I wonder what the "Earth Dreams" label is all about?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
it was a decision that was made a long time ago and at the height of recession and what effectively killed off continuing with sporting heritage of the brand and making sports orientated cars. pretty poor one at that.

it prompted the production of greener projects such as hybrid hence the cr-z but we saw how that one went with huk thinking.

hopefully the nsx project will breathe some life into the programme in the promise of what its trying to deliver

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
just wish you had made this decision before having to endure previous posts about the car ... yawn
Sorry didn't realise that we weren't allowed to post our opinions on this forum.

Sorry master nobby

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Price confirmed. Starting at £29995

View attachment 78401
An extra £2,300 for the GT model, which comes with

"GT drivers will benefit from forward collision warning, traffic sign recognition system, lane departure warning, blind spot information including cross traffic monitor, dual control climate control, rain sensing auto wipers, dusk sensing auto lights, front and rear parking sensors, interior red ambient lighting, high beam support and Honda’s new infotainment system, CONNECT, with GARMIN navigation system"

Definitely seems worth the extra £2300

I thought that too, the Japanese will probably get the concept
Apparently they will be getting the same model. Wouldnt be surprised if the got the concept, or something a bit closer to it.

Last edited:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Is this model going to be released in Japan or are they getting a better version? I wonder

I thought that too, the Japanese will probably get the concept

This is a European only version. Won't be released in Japan.

Was out for dinner last night with a few of the marketing/PR people. They wouldn't say if there was another model being released over there.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Seriously Honda??? £33,000 for this? Surely that's a joke? I can't see these selling at all with that pricing. The amount of negative feedback the car is getting in Hondas Facebook is crazy. This car should have cost £29k with all the toys. There's no way it can be competitive now. Especially as the new RS is estimated to be under the 30k mark and it will have more power, AWD, a nicer interior and a more mature look IMO.

Honda done f**ked it up

So have you ordered/put a deposit on one or not then? Or did you get your deposit back? I'm confused? :rolleyes:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/2611369-post4514.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/2605409-post4210.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/2608817-post4347.html

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Just wait and see what Japan is to get... from a friend how's high up in R&D, it will be different alright...

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Nope I have no deposit down. Most of the posts on that thread on civinfo from that account are from a fella who I work night shifts with. He has actually got a deposit down and uses my phone on night shifts to post and instead of logging me out of all my tapatalk forums he just uses my account. He says he is going to Honda tomorrow to see about getting the deposit back. I dont think he should at the minute because the Honda is actually looking good the more I see/read about it.

To avoid more confusion I will just tell him to log into his own account :grinning: I dont think I could throw down £3000 blind without even seeing the car! But he is flush with cash, only just bought a cw fn2 for around £10k

K55

RMS Regular
An extra £2,300 for the GT model, which comes with

"GT drivers will benefit from forward collision warning, traffic sign recognition system, lane departure warning, blind spot information including cross traffic monitor, dual control climate control, rain sensing auto wipers, dusk sensing auto lights, front and rear parking sensors, interior red ambient lighting, high beam support and Honda’s new infotainment system, CONNECT, with GARMIN navigation system"

For **** sake, does the car drive itself then?

I dislike this love of gadgets and electronics to help you 'drive' modern cars.

Vtec Phil

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Limited numbers available initially. They'll not struggle to shift them either.

Plenty of chat about it online. Like it or hate it, it's good to see them release a new 'R' model. The stand was busy the whole day on Tuesday. Will be taking one for a test drive when they arrive in dealers here to see what all the fuss is about.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
No more wrinkle finish rocker covers? I'm out :worried:

Haha, thought you'd not like the new engine cover. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_Type_R

please read the link it says the new Gen of civic type R will be FK2

I did, at the time of posting. That section of the wiki was edited last night at 23:03. Based on the references used in the '4th Generation' header (24-27), none of them make reference to a model code 'FK'. As I posted before FKs are 5 door mk8 civics.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_...C_FA1.2C_FG1.2C_FG2.2C_FA5.2C_FK.2C_FN.2C_MK8

Last edited: