GTINI Drag Day Saturday 30th May.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Is there a list of cars yet? I may do a road test this weekend make sure the supra is running right as it hasn't moved in ages lol

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
I dont take the bookings, ive messaged the guys to run me up a definative list, but ill start with the ones i know off the top of my head.

Mark charles Beetle 2110cc ( Dyno next thurs )
Dave wheatley Beetle 2387cc ( 199bhp poss dyno race fuel this week ) p.b 12.33 @107mph
Simon pattison 1835cc ( Dyno next thurs )
Matt donnelly Karmann ghia 2110cc (125bhp)
Brian wilko Beetle 2276cc (208bhp)
Neil wilko Beetle 2276cc (139bhp)
Liam neal Beetle 2276cc (152bhp) p.b (old engine) 13.9 @97mph
Padraig kelleher Karman ghia 2110cc ( Supercharged 180bhp )
Mark mcdaid Beetle 2187cc ex beetle cup car ( Dyno next thurs )
Ben Lawrence (me) Beetle 2276cc (185bhp) p.b 12.49 @111mph
@Darragh Toyota Supra ( feel free to add info ;-) )
@WSM BMW M4. ( feel free to add info ;-) )
@mikey ( feel free to add info ;-) )
Dave Clarke G60 Corrado. ( on the boat being mapped in the uk tomorrow )
Dave Clarkes brother, Audi RS4 ( on the boat being mapped in the uk tomorrow )
Anthony Owens Renault clio 2000cc (megane engine) ( 190bhp with small shot of nitrous ) p.b 12.80 @105mph.
Wayne Owens Camero 500+cubic inch v8 ( ex uk chassis car, no time set yet ) hope to make its debut pass.
James Smart - VW Golf Mk2 16V
Paul Carolan - Mk5 Golf ED30
Conor Flanagan - VW Golf GTTDI
Ritchie Browne - Skoda Octavia VRS
Alan Ryan - Mk1 Golf
Ken Smyth - Saab Aero
Stuart Curran - mk4 astra 2.5 v6
Paul Glennon - Mini Cooper S
Kyle Stockman - Mk7 Golf R
Stuart Black - Polo 9n3 GTI
Cian Casey - R32 Golf
Andrew Robb - Mk6 Golf GTI ( Revo tuned ) p.b ( off the top of my head a very low 13 sec car with very good terminal speeds ) very quick.
William O'Reilly - VW Golf mk2 PD TDI
Chris Donnelly - Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Thats as much as i can muster for the minute, theres more to add for sure, but thats what I've got without the guys getting back to me yet.

PhilM

RMS Regular
Andrew Robb - I'm guessing that'll be @BBSBOY brother

Should be good for a nosey this day at the strip.

Hoping to get mapped in time myself.

Not even an lsd so I'll be surprised if it makes a sub 15sec 60ft lol

Phil

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
@56oval I'm heading up on the Triumph Street Triple 675 again. Don't think 11.7 secs at 111mph is too bad for a naked bike with about 95hp at the wheel but would like to get down to the low 11s. Picture of her at the first event in March courtesy of @MTKelly
16716749788_bf62594ef2_o.jpg

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
So here come the noob questions..... :grinning:

(1) Can I bring a mate? Does it cost him anything to come with me -- obviously it'll only be in the car during any runs.
(2) Should I order new tyres now? :p
(3) What time is it starting at and is anyone convyoing down? I was talking to @big_pete last night and said he might be heading down.
(4) Am I missing anything else or is it just turn up, drive fast few times, have fun, don't die? ;)
(5) My current tyres (Michelin Pilot Super Sport 2) have 5K on them - I don't imagine new tyres are needed BEFORE but they might be after :p

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
@WSM

1. Crash helmet MANDATORY for driver and passenger, any passenger is £10 entry on the gate. No extra charge for passenger runs. "Peppa Pig" kids bike helmets do no qualify as a crash helmet ( yes someone did that!! ) proper crash helmets only.

2. Depends on your ability to modulate the throttle pedal :p

3. see below.

4. see below.

5. see point 2. :grinning:

This is the usual running format.

All drivers to be signed on by 10.30
Drivers briefing 10.45
Racing starts at 11 am.

I will go through the basic principles of the timing lights with you guys and give you what i like to call the "pre match boll*cking" Much as i don't like doing it, we have to keep some basic rules in place to make the day enjoyable and safe for everyone.

Those basic rules are.

5mph mandatory speed limit in the pit area and 10mph anywhere outside the pits until you turn out onto the main public road.

sitting on the rev limiter/launch control anywhere outside of the start line & burnout area including the pairing lanes and pits is prohibited.

2 burnouts maximum rule.

no speeding on the return road, no drifting , hooning etc, its a drag event not drift. Anyone caught drifting /speeding in the carpark areas will be ejected from site.

Basically, don't act the fool. theres 1320 feet of tarmac for you to play on, this is where we want you having your fun :grinning:

We have an open competition, qualifying starts at 11am, you just keep punching in the numbers and we will sort which category you fall into, we will then crunch the numbers at lunch and hold the 4 car ladder finals for each class straight after lunch rather than wait till late afternoon, after the finals its RWYB for the remainder of the afternoon. You do not have to enter into the competition, it is not mandatory, if you qualify for the finals, you can just pass it up and then next quickest person will be bumped up a spot.

Go out drive hard and have fun.(y)

And after all that Richard Bradley has just booked in his drift car LOL

Oh and make sure you pop into the timing booth and collect your slips, some people like to just stay in their car all day and go round and round, but if you want to see how your progressing through the day, come and get your slips, and concentrate your eyes on that 60 foot time :grinning:

Last edited:

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Ben, thanks mate. Perfect :grinning: My mate will be pleased to know he can come on the passenger run with me :grinning:

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Was looking at the list and I was the only jap car at the minute lol thank god for Richard

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
In the Mini??? please say it is!!!!

Im guess ing you know the answer after you saw it on ig earlier lol , atm id say its would be like a 15min 1/4 pushing it on the trolley jack. once its finished and I pluck the courage up to abuse it, it has always been the attention to hit the strip.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Im guess ing you know the answer after you saw it on ig earlier lol , atm id say its would be like a 15min 1/4 pushing it on the trolley jack. once its finished and I pluck the courage up to abuse it, it has always been the attention to hit the strip.

Yea bud I only caught on earlier via instagram that was you lol. anyhow the Polo with 200bhp will be no slouch . cant wait to see it run .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.