GTINI Drag Day Saturday 30th May.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I can't be there before 11am as I only get home from work at 7am, I think I could be there at 12am. Does this mean I can't participate?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I can't be there before 11am as I only get home from work at 7am, I think I could be there at 12am. Does this mean I can't participate?

It's never been a hard n fast rule, you'll be fine.

I'd be amazed if even half are there and signed on by 10.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Although we like everyone to be signed on by 10.30 the reality is it never happens, so dont beat yourself up to get there on time we are flexible.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Sweet a lie in lol only messin I'm going out now to make sure the garden ornament fires up and moves :grinning:

Ps my friend is thinking bout bringing his dc2 down tomorrow , would there be any free spaces of I can coax him into running lol

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Get there early enough and pay on the day entry will be fine.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
He just heard a bang from his engine and he isn't bringing the dc2 now haha

Ps don't laugh at the condition of the supra paint work , I have no time to get it and polished and looking presentable lol

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
i don't think us beetle guys have any right to be judging people on the appearance of their car +o(
IMG_3052.JPG

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
I'm struggling to secure a helmet! Was meant to get down to see @big_pete who said he has one! I've a passenger coming with me hoping to go as well :worried:

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Just an idea if you are any where near Belfast Charles hurst motorbike center sell them for roughly £30 ta £40

Anyways i hope it isn't raining tomorrow as all I done tonight was sit on the limiter at 30mph lol

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
not sure what the 'Honda incident' was!

I'd describe it as a hilariously bad use of launch control in a heavily powered rear wheel drive car... 8-(

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
I have a potentially very stupid question here......

Looking at this output... how did I lose? (Other than the time, smart people) I mean my reaction, 60ft, terminal speed were all quicker?

PGGk1o6l.jpg

again, belter of a day! big thanks to @Neil@rockvale for getting me to go! Superb to meet @56oval as well great MCing :grinning:

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
not sure what the 'Honda incident' was!

I'd describe it as a hilariously bad use of launch control in a heavily powered rear wheel drive car... 8-(

Well, nearly a Honda incident... (It was a Honda you were up against right? I might be losing it lol)

Well caught btw, launch controls probably fine just not on a surface like Bishops court, the Saab (all 120 wheezing stallions) could spin the wheels on it lol

Reactions: WSM

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Had a ball today Driving the nuts out of the supra without looseing my license , pity about the issue over grip but by the end I was mastering my launchs and went from a 16.7 down to a 13.8, if I done more runs id have got it down more although I do have a very bad misfire so it's time for some uprated coil packs and some new denso plugs

So when I wasnt wheel spinning I was misfiring but the main thing is it was a great and we'll run event with some impressive machines :grinning:

Nice to meet a few new people today and that m4 looked and sounded amazing :laughing:

@Neil@rockvale I loved our race together you kept up wel with me :grinning:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I have a potentially very stupid question here......

Looking at this output... how did I lose? (Other than the time, smart people) I mean my reaction, 60ft, terminal speed were all quicker?

PGGk1o6l.jpg

again, belter of a day! big thanks to @Neil@rockvale for getting me to go! Superb to meet @56oval as well great MCing :grinning:

First across the line wins, that may not always be the faster time though. From the slip the car probably got a better start early in the track, and you were catching him towards the end, mabe even passing just after the 1/4.
But he still crossed the line first.

Without 330ft, 660ft, 990ft it's hard to tell what happened in the middle.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Can i just say a big well done to everyone involved today, you guys probably don't see half the sh*t that goes on in the timing booth, but coupled with a few hiccups and those f*cking dogs we lost a few mins here and there, frustrating i know!!!! Not terrible by previous standards but stuff i like to see always improved.

Im so glad you guys had a blast, @Darragh great job to get that bus into the 13's, the 60 ft was tricky at times today, @WSM great to meet you, it always impresses me when someone rocks up with a car like yours, but has the attitude to go with it ( rare ) absolute gentleman, and its a brave call to put your car on the line against guys who race regularly in such a car as yours so full respect, @stevieturbo those 60fts absolutely kill you but you know that, trap speed had me scratching my head a little, if they were on the money then that is just mega. The afternoon taster at the end of play i think was maybe a good call, people could just grudge match and get the flavour of drag racing, the top ten shootout was again an ok call, not for me as i didn't want to go 2 rounds without a break, but thats my call ( tough tithes!!! ) tricky day for me, car felt great but the times were far from it, gearing felt mega, my 1.8 60ft is a p.b against @WSM and i tell you, that car was looming in my mirror and realing me in all the way past the 8th. :sob:

I hope you all had a blast, I'm knackered!!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.