GTINI Drag Day Saturday 30th May.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
I really enjoyed it. will def be back with more power lol. Cheers to all the organizers

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
What a fantastic day . Great to see some old faces . Had some fantastic races today and new engine was going great and fan flawless all day . Was great to see Warren @WSM bring the ///M4 down and thrash the pants off it all day , big respect mate. Was even better to see the bugs give it a hard time tho lol. Was funny when you turned off the traction and ended up proper sideways across the track . Well held tho .

Reactions: WSM

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
image.jpg

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Best Craic in the world today especially watching the times fall and the car get quicker of the start line, automatic drag racing is so boring

Ps I was well behaved today with crazy driving, except for a bit of sideways coming up the exit road but my clutch slipped honestly :p

All them air cooled cars looked and sounded amazing :grinning: roll on the next event

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
I almost forgot, everyone on the internet may well have a golf R but what a machine. Someone can fill the blanks as I'm still none the wiser ( did it have a map or tuning box )

twelve fifties with a 1.8 60ft, that is mega from a car you can buy right now, but simply awesome when you can lease it LOL.

Great job, seriously impressive bit of kit.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
@56oval yea that golfR was a bit of kit . It was my second race today FFS and it was rapid !!!! It done a 12.8 on that run . No messing from it , just goes . It apparently has a tuning box on it from what I was told today.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
@56oval meant to say appreciate the kind comments! I bought the car to drive it... It's fun and it's nothing 'bad' to have some craic like we did today.

I/m tempted to get into this whole beetle racing thing though...........

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
@56oval meant to say appreciate the kind comments! I bought the car to drive it... It's fun and it's nothing 'bad' to have some craic like we did today.

I/m tempted to get into this whole beetle racing thing though...........

It would break your heart LOL!!!!

Reactions: WSM

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
@WSM id love to have had another run along side you lol as Said your car sounded great and went very well :grinning:

The drag bug has bite me again although I want to do a track day at kirkistown :grinning:

Last edited:

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
I've toyed with trackskills but recently to many people have told me not to do it... main reason being I reckon between tyres & brakes & trackskills entry it'll cost me baout 1500 quid!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Had a great day and eventually got the best time of the day with 10.47 against the mighty ZZR1400........................GSXR1000 wins!

Spent the day trying to keep the front wheel down..................a new experience for me!

Thanks to Ben and all the guys(y)

17652916494_b664aa1241_b.jpg

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
@mike150 i think an error has been made here, did we not give the quickest run of the day to James Devlin on the Zzr1400 ??

If so ill go back over the stats and rectify it and get something in the post, my sincere apologies if weve cocked up there!!

Was great to meet you. Quick question how did you guys find the wind yesterday, us beetle guys were scratching our heads ( never blame the equipment lol ) as e.ts were all over the place but the cross on gale was certainly slowing us down a bit.

A mention is deserved for Andrew Thompson in the mini too, great to see it out and looking at the mph vs e.t the times will tumble as it was pulling some decent speed. Well done for a first time out with the car.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
ET's or traps ?

I had one slightly high trap in the right lane maybe 4mph high , the rest were pretty much spot on.

ET's again, VBox did read a couple different but for most part all spot on.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
@mike150 i think an error has been made here, did we not give the quickest run of the day to James Devlin on the Zzr1400 ??

If so ill go back over the stats and rectify it and get something in the post, my sincere apologies if weve cocked up there!!

Was great to meet you. Quick question how did you guys find the wind yesterday, us beetle guys were scratching our heads ( never blame the equipment lol ) as e.ts were all over the place but the cross on gale was certainly slowing us down a bit.

A mention is deserved for Andrew Thompson in the mini too, great to see it out and looking at the mph vs e.t the times will tumble as it was pulling some decent speed. Well done for a first time out with the car.
James told me his fastest was 10.49.

The wind was fine, the bumps are the problem at speed with the bike, James said one run nearly had him off as the bars went mad.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Ok mike ill get onto Wayne next week and sort you out a trophy, apologies for that!!

@stevieturbo we were all down on mph, no gripes here but we always like to compare notes from previous events.

I had you pulling 144 mph in the right lane and 140's consistantly . Huge speed , infact biggest mph of the day.

@mike150 this straight line stuff on a disused worn out airfield aint as easy as people think ;-)

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Ok mike ill get onto Wayne next week and sort you out a trophy, apologies for that!!

@stevieturbo we were all down on mph, no gripes here but we always like to compare notes from previous events.

I had you pulling 144 mph in the right lane and 140's consistantly . Huge speed , infact biggest mph of the day.

@mike150 this straight line stuff on a disused worn out airfield aint as easy as people think ;-)
My Highest was 139mph, that V8TT Granada is mad!

Its only a problem when you are doing under 12 second runs I think.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Compared to VBox and datalogs, both almost identical ( although my speed readings are calibrated using the Vbox )

I did 3 runs ( with slips ) in right lane, 2 were 4-5mph high, the other 2mph high

Left lane, again 3 runs. Slowest trap on slips would read 1.5mph less than Vbox best within 0.2mph, so not a big variation there

60fts, ET's all close enough you couldnt say there was a problem.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Will there be a compiled time sheet of the event, be interesting to see what everyone was getting.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.