Audi C7 A6 3.0TDi

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I was was going to ask why you changed from an A8 to an A6, but I think you answered that re lower boot access. Apart from that, is there much dfference in interior space?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The A8 was my car, which was replaced by the Golf. The A6 will be Mrs Lyons' car.

The A8 was more of a box ticking exercise. I'd always wanted 1, so decided to bite the bullet. It was the old technology though (effectively a 2003 car) whereas this is the current model with current gadgets. It's a fresher car with Audi warranty etc too. The A8 only averaged 32mpg odd as well!

Interior and boot space is pretty much the same between them. It doesn't feel as big though, and the rear visibility past the C pillar is fantastic. I got a text from Mrs Lyons yesterday to say she parallel parked it like a boss in Banbridge yesterday. I told her it didn't count if there was nothing in front and behind though :party:.

Last edited:

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Lovely motor, hopefully nothing too major wrong with it - surely this should be covered by the dealer anyway??

Didn't know you were a country bumpkin also? lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The estate would've been preferable, but for the extras, price and bonus of the warranty we went for this. The boot is great too, no bother for buggies etc.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
That's lovely Ian! Nicely finished for an SE, I could easily see myself cruising around in that

Not a fan of the walnut trim, but it would probably grow on me as my old MK4 GTI Golf had wood finished trim

how does it compare to the interior finish of the A8?

If anything I would be itching to change out the steering wheel to a flat bottomed one or at least get it partially retrimmed in perforated leather - but if it's mainly for the wife I wouldn't bother

looks aggressive at the front - I would love one of those in daytona grey, whats the sound system like?

a wagon that size needs the rear windows tinted as close to factory tint as possible (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'm not a fan of the flat bottomed wheels on anything bigger than an A3 or maybe A4 personally. As the paddles will probably never be used, I just intend on getting whatevers cheapest- which will inevitably end up being the same Sport wheel that I have but with paddles. I'm still keeping an eye out for a perforated or S-Line 1 though.

Interior finish is much superior to the A8, it really is a lovely place to be.

Standard sound system is great. No B&O or Bose option ticked, but the standard 1 still has a sub and amp.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Very nice mate, agree that the SE trim is more acceptable now than before, that looks well! Can any onion operate VAGCOM or do you need to be a skilled VAG'er? Couple of options I'd like turned on on mine.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone can do it. However I've never bothered purchasing it myself as there's a couple of folk that have always done things for free for me when needed.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Im trying to get a hold of someoone with VAGCOM to get LED DRLs working for my S3

the VAGCOM software is not expensive, it's the connection lead that puts a hole in the pocket

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Very nice mate, agree that the SE trim is more acceptable now than before, that looks well! Can any onion operate VAGCOM or do you need to be a skilled VAG'er? Couple of options I'd like turned on on mine.

Simple to use them (y)

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Im trying to get a hold of someoone with VAGCOM to get LED DRLs working for my S3

the VAGCOM software is not expensive, it's the connection lead that puts a hole in the pocket

Are the eBay ones no good?

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Are the eBay ones no good?

With the ebay ones apparently you will always be hampered by having to use obsolete versions of the software, or else having to try and hack around with illegal copies that don't work properly. And most times all you can do with them is read and reset codes

Rosstech wrote the full software and also crippled the older shareware version that an ebay cable will typically run, which also has no tech support. The ebay ones won't always help you diagnose faults especially in the newer VAGs, but otherwise they'll let you read fault codes at least. Upgrading to a full cable will bring you lots more detail to the codes, lots more realtime data, and the ability to scan newer cars, full access to tech support and free updates, etc...I'm not sure if the ebay ones allow you to apply software mods, but if you're only needing a cable for basic fault code reading I would probably opt for an ebay one over the rosstech only for this purpose.

Last edited:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
With the ebay ones apparently you will always be hampered by having to use obsolete versions of the software, or else having to try and hack around with illegal copies that don't work properly. And most times all you can do with them is read and reset codes

Rosstech wrote the full software and also the crippled the older shareware version that an ebay cable will typically run, which also has no tech support. The ebay ones won't always help you diagnose faults especially in the newer VAGs, but otherwise they'll let you read fault codes at least. Upgrading to a full cable will bring you lots more detail to the codes, lots more realtime data, and the ability to scan newer cars, full access to tech support and free updates, etc...I'm not sure if the ebay ones allow you to apply software mods, but if you're only needing a cable for basic fault code reading I would probably opt for an ebay one over the rosstech only for this purpose.

I don't care about anything other than being able to turn on my rear lights with my DRL's and making the passenger mirror tilt when in reverse :grinning:

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Very nice mate. That engine is great in the A6 with the quattro and the wheels set it apart a bit from most SE's. Im sure you'll put your own touch on it aswell!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I don't care about anything other than being able to turn on my rear lights with my DRL's and making the passenger mirror tilt when in reverse :grinning:

LOL!! neither do I

I just want my alarm chirp and LED DRL's enabled

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice mate. That engine is great in the A6 with the quattro and the wheels set it apart a bit from most SE's. Im sure you'll put your own touch on it aswell!

Thanks Matt.

Any sign of the Toureag yet? I'd love a nosey.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.