Halfords - alpine cde-173bt

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Many many moons ago when I was into this stuff, those adapters came with the headunit lol

NO they jolly well didn't! There is indeed an ISO Loom that comes with most stereos, AND they still do, but the configuration of the mating half in many Euro Cars wasn't compatible with the head unit. This was the case for VW Group, Fiat, PSA, Alfa, Vauxhall/Opel and possibly others - the plugs looked the same, but they would cause problems if directly connected to the head unit - things like resetting the milometer in a Peugeot to Flattening the Battery in VW Group or Vauxhal/Opel car. Even today, with the new Quadlock standard, different manufacturers wire the head unit plug differently - no-one will sit down and sort a wiring standard for head units as they don't want to make it easy for the aftermarket to take profit from them.

When I worked at Autoleads, many moons ago, the sale of these items made me a very nice living thank you very much! I chose a TVR Tasmin Wedge, a Rover 825SLD Lowered and Limo tinted and a Suzuki X90 as my modes of transport....... cos I'm pretty sure I'm a little mental.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Just picked my up from abbey centre branch, there was about 6 others in the collection locker waiting to be picked up.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
If anybody's after one, mines going back. No reason other than I need a plethora of cables due to the s6s Bose system.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
cheers will the above cable defo fit a 2000 S6 with Bose symphony as it isn't listed. still in two minds about taking it back. Or may just sell it for £60 as they're sold out mooohahaha.

LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU .............. Why, look, YES it does!

bose.JPG

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
NO they jolly well didn't! There is indeed an ISO Loom that comes with most stereos, AND they still do, but the configuration of the mating half in many Euro Cars wasn't compatible with the head unit. This was the case for VW Group, Fiat, PSA, Alfa, Vauxhall/Opel and possibly others - the plugs looked the same, but they would cause problems if directly connected to the head unit - things like resetting the milometer in a Peugeot to Flattening the Battery in VW Group or Vauxhal/Opel car. Even today, with the new Quadlock standard, different manufacturers wire the head unit plug differently - no-one will sit down and sort a wiring standard for head units as they don't want to make it easy for the aftermarket to take profit from them.

When I worked at Autoleads, many moons ago, the sale of these items made me a very nice living thank you very much! I chose a TVR Tasmin Wedge, a Rover 825SLD Lowered and Limo tinted and a Suzuki X90 as my modes of transport....... cos I'm pretty sure I'm a little mental.

Honestly, I've never had to buy an additional connector. At very most, I've had to swap the red and yellow wires about to ensure I didn't loose my present stations.

I.must be just lucky (y)

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
One is mine lol but haven't received word to collect yet

Just phone the store quoting your reservation number if you want to check.
Like most places I imagine some staff prob aren't as on the ball as others and perhaps don't call when they should!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo

Got my head unit. Before leaving I bought the harness you advised (£7.99) and left feeling happy with my purchase.

Decided to fit it in the car park...couldn't wait!!! Opened the box and in it there is a loom that plugs straight into the standard plugs in the car. I decided to fit it with the wires supplied, fired it up...works perfectly.

Straight back in to get my 7.99 back :grinning:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I've said it before and I'll say it again...... if that's the OEM VW Plug, it is NOT to be plugged into the head unit loom......... If there was an adaptor between the two, then fill yer boots! ;)

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
Tried fitting mine yesterday to sisters Corsa but couldn't get it to power up. Took it back down to Halfords to see if they knew what fittings I'd need. They said they weren't sure and hadn't seen this issue before. Seems I need a 36 pin adaptor instead of the one supplied. I even bought a Vauxhall iso loom from ebay and that doesn't work either!

asdf.jpg

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
@Cartunes surely it's just a case of swapping the ign and +ve on the alpine loom if the ISO plugs fit no? Used to do this all the time...

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
@azzymo are those three connections in the corsa loom. I wouldve thought you'd need corsa to iso adapter then use the alpine harness included

Power issues are probably to do with which live (red or yellow) is plugged in

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I have one reserved at Newtownabbey still I think, if anyone wants to check with them if its still there be my guest.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.