WRC 2016 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KevM

RMS Regular
I see Meeke has just taken to social media to launch his new clothing range and said to keep an eye on his website and stay tuned, this means in my eyes two things...

1. he has a seat for next year
2. he is positive and that can only mean a non citroen seat

I think it's just merchandise related?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

I think it's just merchandise related?

it is but why would you launch merchandise if you were no longer in a good seat

citroen isn't a good seat and he chatted about merch at the start of the year, but now he launches it, a little weird

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Can't believe I didn't know this thread was on here haha.

I'd like to see a few changes to the driver line ups next year although they likely wont all happen.

VW: Will stay same as although I expect Lappi to fall into there plans at some stage, he's the next big Fin but Toyota may have other ideas. Also expect Mikkelson to get Latvala's seat for 2017 and Latvala to go to Toyota.

Citroen: Ostberg & Sordo - That would leave Citroen two very steady drivers that can be quick but are almost guaranteed to score points.

M-Sport: Neuville & Evans/Tanak/Breen - Between Tanak and Evans if it was me I'd give it to Tanak but I have a feeling Evans will get it simply because he's british. Breens family have VERY good conections with M-sport and would bring a lot of money with him. Not sure if he's the best man for the job but I expect this talked about more in the coming weeks.

Hyundai: Meeke & Paddon & Abbring for selected rounds - Experts are saying that this new i20 could be Polo quick. Hopefully. Think Meeke would deserve the chance to be in a title-challenging car.
tis is the best thread on RMS

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The Citroen WRC team is just a glorified Abu Dhabi outfit- without their money Citroen would be long gone.

Meeke wouldn't launch a clothing line/website if he didn't have something sorted for 2016. Good to see, deserves a seat.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I found it very random that Hyundai liked this image we put on the RMS Instagram account after Wales

Screenshot_2015-11-18-20-59-08.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good news that, Hyundai would be perfect for him (y) Fingers crossed that is what is happening.

They have a strong team, and going for it properly. Next year will be time to push for them, good timing to switch.

Cess

RMS Staff
what about Neuville?

breen in a funded drive Kel-Tech on the side amongst others?

Neuville was apparently interviewed on Belgian TV on Sunday and strongly intimated there were no changes in the offing. Might well be the case. I think he's under contract and Hyundai would have to pay him off in that case.

Actually, just read it. Says he's looking forward to trying to win each round with the new Hyundai.

@Liam Shaw has given a good account of the Breen situation. He's had a number of years in lower categories and must be fed up with Sainteloc. The car has been so problematic.

The other M-Sport rumour is Eric Camilli. Malc has been lavishing praise. Camilli had a WRC contract of some description with TMG. Whether that carries over to the new Gazoo outfit - who knows. I imagine Makk will have a massive say in driver recruitment come 2017.

Last edited:

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Breen also said on World Rally Radio that he wants to be in a WRC car next year. I was at Wales Rally GB and Breen was definately out to impress and was doing a good job of it especially on Sunday. He was dominant in WRC2 on Sunday. It was easy to see he was trying.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
My view, gardening leave and develop the new car and have a long term deal on the table for a full time drive from 2017 onwards.

If this is the case well done Meeke!

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
I don't like the sound of meeke being out of the WRC for a year. He needs to doing rallies regularly to maintain or improve on his speed, especially as he's the oldest competitive driver in the championship by a good margin. Citroen haven't said anything about running a small private team, they've just said they aren't going to be in the manufacturers championship. I'd like to see Meeke in a Hyundai all the more now. If he's still quick in it they'll still offer him a drive for 2017.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
The only way I can see this citroen deal being worth while would be if they offered him a long-term contact.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
He will maybe end up doing reccee as gravel crew for someone or such likes perhaps keeping his notes up to date.

If he is developing he will never be out of the car and be in the best possible position for 2017.

If this is the case it's better news than a move to Hyundai or Ford

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.