WRC 2016 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I think M-Sport could challenge VW if they had either Ford's backing or a major sponsor to throw money at them but until then we won't know.

Meeke to M-Sport could work for both parties.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I think M-Sport could challenge VW if they had either Ford's backing or a major sponsor to throw money at them but until then we won't know.

Meeke to M-Sport could work for both parties.
That will never happen i don't think

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I see Sordo is testing the 2016 Hyundai today. Definitely him & Paddon driving there next year.

M. Wilson said earlier this year he would like Neuville back at M-Sport, but can't afford him.

Real shame M-Sport are restricted financially.

Sam.

RMS Regular
I wonder if Citroen would keep Meeke as #1 and rotate a 2nd seat? Matton said Lefebvre wouldn't get a full season, but perhaps they could rotate between him, Solberg (might suit with his RX commitments) and maybe some of the junior drivers. Although that probably wouldn't help them for manufacturer points.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Caught Rally GB highlights just now, great rally that :grinning:

Good solid result for Kris, really hope he will get a seat for next year but who knows. Needs to find someone who wants to pay, do not think he comes with a lot of sponsor money? Roll the dice :grinning:

Are there any new manufacturers entering next year, like Toyota?

I like Haddon, so happy to see him in a car.

Neuville - he was doing really well early on, no idea what happened recently. Obviously fallen out big time. Might be back at Citroen next year (French and all that), or else doing GT racing or something.

Sordo - really just a points collector, no challenger. Must bring money with him.

I think Elfyn did a decent job as well.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The usual highlights on ITV4, recorded from last night. Should still be available on ITV player (y)

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
My predictions : I'd say Bertelli to M-Sport along Evans, Tanak gone, Citroen prob Ostberg and somebody else since I think they are throwing in towell for 2017 after last few stories from them, VW line up the same and Hyundai Paddon, Meeke, Sordo. Toyota is bound to be strong in 2017, can't wait!

Sam.

RMS Regular
Haven't read it yet, but some interesting stuff in this weeks Motorsport News. 6-round season for Citroen mentioned :rolleyes:

@Reno_LV Bertelli + Bobby K in an M-Sport "B" Team would be good to see (y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Don't think Kubica will be doing much next year, think he's hoping for more circuit racing.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Don't think Kubica will be doing much next year, think he's hoping for more circuit racing.
It has been great to see him rallying but with his injury he will NEVER make a podium outright so may as well stick to easier driving and get paid for it than spend a fortune for nothing

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
just caught an autosport tweet there suggesting that evans/tanak could share a 2016 seat

Cess

RMS Staff
Latest:

Evans / Tanak may possibly share a car. Nothing concrete.

Meeke has deal done, but won't say where. (Hyundai)

Citroen possibly down to 6-8 rounds. (Makes sense. No point in throwing money at an old car that is slower than a Polo and will be replaced in 2017 anyway)

Ostberg's Dad says he will do a full programme with either M-Sport or Citroen. If neither comes to fruition, Adapta will be resurrected.

The Bertelli rumours from Colin Clark are a rehash of what he said this time last year. Bertelli himself always said he'd have a couple of years in a WRC before returning full time to the business.

Even if him and Kubica go into a satellite M-Sport team, they still won't get the latest cars, as M-Sport always push developments out to team drivers first and paying/customer cars 2/3 months later.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Craig Breen in a WRC car.

It's a testament to how predictable WRC has become this year that potential driver line up changes have sparked more interest than any event this year.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Latest:

Evans / Tanak may possibly share a car. Nothing concrete.

Meeke has deal done, but won't say where. (Hyundai)

Citroen possibly down to 6-8 rounds. (Makes sense. No point in throwing money at an old car that is slower than a Polo and will be replaced in 2017 anyway)

Ostberg's Dad says he will do a full programme with either M-Sport or Citroen. If neither comes to fruition, Adapta will be resurrected.

The Bertelli rumours from Colin Clark are a rehash of what he said this time last year. Bertelli himself always said he'd have a couple of years in a WRC before returning full time to the business.

Even if him and Kubica go into a satellite M-Sport team, they still won't get the latest cars, as M-Sport always push developments out to team drivers first and paying/customer cars 2/3 months later.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Craig Breen in a WRC car.

It's a testament to how predictable WRC has become this year that potential driver line up changes have sparked more interest than any event this year.
what about Neuville? could he go toyota or who have they already on the books?

Bertelli will never be a driver as such, playboy having fun

breen in a funded drive Kel-Tech on the side amongst others?

the series really is a crock of **** and you hit the nail on the head with the last sentence.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I see Meeke has just taken to social media to launch his new clothing range and said to keep an eye on his website and stay tuned, this means in my eyes two things...

1. he has a seat for next year
2. he is positive and that can only mean a non citroen seat

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Can't believe I didn't know this thread was on here haha.

I'd like to see a few changes to the driver line ups next year although they likely wont all happen.

VW: Will stay same as although I expect Lappi to fall into there plans at some stage, he's the next big Fin but Toyota may have other ideas. Also expect Mikkelson to get Latvala's seat for 2017 and Latvala to go to Toyota.

Citroen: Ostberg & Sordo - That would leave Citroen two very steady drivers that can be quick but are almost guaranteed to score points.

M-Sport: Neuville & Evans/Tanak/Breen - Between Tanak and Evans if it was me I'd give it to Tanak but I have a feeling Evans will get it simply because he's british. Breens family have VERY good conections with M-sport and would bring a lot of money with him. Not sure if he's the best man for the job but I expect this talked about more in the coming weeks.

Hyundai: Meeke & Paddon & Abbring for selected rounds - Experts are saying that this new i20 could be Polo quick. Hopefully. Think Meeke would deserve the chance to be in a title-challenging car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.