Mk4 Toyota Supra TT

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Don't worry mate I seen the advert on bake book and knew you would snap them up lol although I'm probly gonna ask more money for mine as mine are practically brand new lol if mine don't sell they can hide out in the garage haha

Have you still got both cat pipes fitted?

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Don't worry mate I seen the advert on bake book and knew you would snap them up lol although I'm probly gonna ask more money for mine as mine are practically brand new lol if mine don't sell they can hide out in the garage haha

Have you still got both cat pipes fitted?

Aye both fitted but it's J spec so ceramic turbos. Can only really handle single decat with a restrictor ring so I've been told by Mark

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Double decat with restrict or ring is fine , I have a 1.2 whifbitz one fitted and she runs perfect, although you will need a adjustable fuel cut defender but they can be bought for £25 and a HKS one at that, the power you free up is amazing and you will notice a massive difference :grinning:

Ps boost cut kicks in at 1.0 bar boost that's why you keep one cat pipe in, fuel cut defender lets you put a double de cat in :p

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
Lovely dude. Did you buy the wheels off Niall by any chance?

I've got a Supra myself, auto atm. It is full BPU and fully forged too. Still on standard jspec twins, will be getting hybrids in the future though (can't afford to go single!!) I've already pieced together a full manual conversion too which I'll be fitting in a couple of months. :grinning:

Don't refurb the headlights, buy UK glass ones. I have them on mine and they still look brand new!!!!

Last edited:

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Lovely dude. Did you buy the wheels off Niall by any chance?

I've got a Supra myself, auto atm. It is full BPU and fully forged too. Still on standard jspec twins, will be getting hybrids in the future though (can't afford to go single!!) I've already pieced together a full manual conversion too which I'll be fitting in a couple of months. :grinning:

Don't refurb the headlights, buy UK glass ones. I have them on mine and they still look brand new!!!!

Thanks man!

Got the wheels of Niall yeah, Spare front and rear which is handy!

What kind of power gains do hybrid twins give?

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
Thanks man!

Got the wheels of Niall yeah, Spare front and rear which is handy!

What kind of power gains do hybrid twins give?

Thought so, just remembered he sold a set not so long ago! I just have standard 17" wheels on atm.

It all depends on which setup, theres a guy on the supra forum running 468bhp on super unleaded but he has a £3000 syvecs ecu, huge injectors, cams etc. It also made 528bhp with meth mixed fuel.

With BPU upgrades I'd say about 440bhp at about 1.4bar. Most people just use them at 1.2 bar and switch to hybrids for longevity because the jspec ceramics are famous for eventually giving up being ran at 1.2 bar for long periods of time!!

If I get hybrids I'll probably go for a piggyback ECU and UK spec injectors just to try and get a little more out of them.. won't be for a while though.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Took the car into Pete for winter prep. Fair to say it came back looking brand new. The man's a genius.

Plans for new year:

- BC Racing Coilovers
- West Wings front lip
- Alloy Refurb
- Glass headlights
- BPU

..and start saving for a manual gearbox.

4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The only wheels for a Supra (y)

Manual gearbox will be a big job bought a worthwhile one. I had a TT6 and test drove a few autos beforehand, could never warm to them. The manual is quite a heavy agricultural one but sounds the nature of the car much better IMO.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
The only wheels for a Supra (y)

Manual gearbox will be a big job bought a worthwhile one. I had a TT6 and test drove a few autos beforehand, could never warm to them. The manual is quite a heavy agricultural one but sounds the nature of the car much better IMO.

I'm not sure I'll have the money for a V160, they are currently sitting at about £4500 for the box alone, by the time I've saved that they could be double the price.

It'll be the R154 5 Speed, it'll be more than enough to handle the power I'm aiming for.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I'm not sure I'll have the money for a V160, they are currently sitting at about £4500 for the box alone, by the time I've saved that they could be double the price.

It'll be the R154 5 Speed, it'll be more than enough to handle the power I'm aiming for.
R154s are some money as well was looking at one for the soarer, would a w58 suit your needs?

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
I still haven't advertised my Lexus wheels yet lol to busy working , I got a v161 (non turbo 6 speed) all in for £3100 delivered , it comes with the small diff that will only do 155 or 160mph but is super tight and will spin the wheels up quicker than the larger v160 diff which can go to 180mph, I got a stage 5 clutch and fly wheel at a discount price and then got Colin at SSI to convert and it was the best money I've ever spent, automatic is great in the supra and probly one of the best automatic set ups but I got that bored I didn't want to drive it, now it's converted I have no time to drive it lol