Mk4 Toyota Supra TT

ryan_v

RMS Regular
Drives
mountain bike
You can buy brand new r154 in new zealand for around £900ish. Its the later box aswell so abit better. The price can double by the time you get it home just depends if you can dodge customs. Best option in my opinion, atleast you know what your getting vs second hand.

I also used a mk3 auto supra front shaft, splines and all are the same. 23 i think. You can get them for nothing practically.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
You can buy brand new r154 in new zealand for around £900ish. Its the later box aswell so abit better. The price can double by the time you get it home just depends if you can dodge customs. Best option in my opinion, atleast you know what your getting vs second hand.

I also used a mk3 auto supra front shaft, splines and all are the same. 23 i think. You can get them for nothing practically.

That's a great price!

lynnsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Dakar ///M3
Manual is always about £3k more expensive in these. If you say you prefer auto you're lying to yourself lets be honest. Nice wagon defo! I hear the auto is grand in these tho.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Manual is always about £3k more expensive in these. If you say you prefer auto you're lying to yourself lets be honest. Nice wagon defo! I hear the auto is grand in these tho.

Was more I couldn't afford a manual at the time. Manual cars in the same condition would be selling for £13-16K and I collected this for ALOT less. Plus I'm daily driving this at the moment so auto makes life easier. (y)

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
DCM Auto's in Ballymoney are doing my R154 conversion for me, will let you know how I get on dude. Can't wait to get it back. Replacing all the seals, shifter bushings/sockets, redline oil etc so should feel pretty good once put back together. TRD 3 puck clutch and TRD flywheel.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
DCM Auto's in Ballymoney are doing my R154 conversion for me, will let you know how I get on dude. Can't wait to get it back. Replacing all the seals, shifter bushings/sockets, redline oil etc so should feel pretty good once put back together. TRD 3 puck clutch and TRD flywheel.

Class man! Definitely let me know who it goes..

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
Class man! Definitely let me know who it goes..

Yeh it'll be handy if you go that route, it'll be a case of trial and error to see if the prop shafts mate together, what way they need modified, how much the shifter needs extended, if the tunnel needs modified etc etc.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
All new pulleys from Whifblitz and new OEM crank pulley.

Original-1.jpg
Original-2.jpg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Just spotted you at Hollywood exchange I was pulling out of work in a wee swift sport and chased you for a nosey. Absolutely stunning....Those wheels on that car are perfection. Love it mate. Best cars ever built. Number one on my cars to own list.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
So this arrived today...car is going in to Richard Bradley in a couple of weeks to be converted to manual.

R154 gearbox. Just waiting on the clutch pedal assembly to arrive from Japan and we are good to go.

View attachment 112000

If I could like this post more than once I would.

If you manual it, I want first dibs when youre selling up! :p .. I drive past you regularly and my god does it stand out a mile. Perfect in my eyes tbh.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I can't argue with your thinking.

Good to see it's getting treated well.

You'll have to get it to one of the BBQ's. :grinning:

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Clutch pedal should have arrived today, unfortunately some moron in customs added a couple of extra 0's to the value of the order, which means it's in retention until I pay the wrong customs fee.

How do these idiots get jobs?