Leon Cupra R 225

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Couldn't get the same kind of deal with any other car and they don't make 280s anymore so I rejected the car, sorted myself out a loan and picked this up yesterday.

Always wanted one and this has the right bits done to it, also was owned by @ferrett 2 years ago :p

12592673_10156444338405150_2988359520247676959_n.jpg

more pics to follow.

Already bought a few things to make it my own, but getting rid of the god awful Forge diverter for a GFB DV+ ordered a new wheel to keep the standard one in good nick and a Stack boost gauge and vent pod mount and ordering a few necessary bits like a rocker cover gasket belt kit and water pump tomorrow.

So far it's got:

Neuspeed induction kit and heat shield
Forge diverter valve
3" Turbo Intake pipe
Cobra cat back
FK coilovers
G Sports remap ~260bhp
Red top coil packs
ECS Dog bone mount
Short Shifter
H&R Spacers all round
Drilled and grooved discs all round

Last edited:

Stefan_ross

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 535D
Make sure you get the half D rubber bit with your rocker cover gasket, thats the main place they leak. Cracking car these, i miss mine a lot and wish i never sold it at times. You really need to get the Cobra downpipe, it makes them sound out of this world, thats what i had on mine and was the best money i ever spent! (y) HTD

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Very nice, these are really standing the test of time, much more than the Leon that replaced them IMO.

Ferrett will be PM'ing you to buy it back no doubt! Ha!

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Couple of bits on the outside needing attention so I'm going to get the front end resprayed while I'm away on Honeymoon in November :p

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Very cool
A friend bought one of these when they first came out. Seemed like such a rocket ship at the time.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Very nice, these are really standing the test of time, much more than the Leon that replaced them IMO.

Quit you lol

Very nice Marc,I hope this one treats you better than the 280. They are a great looking car and I would say that it goes really well.

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
There's not much to be done with that Leon, looks great!

Where you living now? How do you find the FK Coilovers?

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
There's not much to be done with that Leon, looks great!

Where you living now? How do you find the FK Coilovers?

Up in Coopers Mill now mate, the FKs are surprisingly ok considering past experience with then, but I will look to upgrade to KW V1s or the ST variants at some stage in the future

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Lovely looking motor mate! Hope you have a better experience with this one than those complicated new cars! :p

When you're looking coilovers give me a shout and I'll do my best for you on the ST ones :grinning:

PhilM

RMS Regular
Actually I enjoyed hearing this go up the carriageway couple of days ago, sounds sweet but subtle aswell, very nice motor

Phil

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Bit of a busy week buying parts so I went to my mates shed today and got a couple of things done despite the weather, done a bit of a visual inspection and everything seems pretty spot on except for a clip on the near side CV boot is missing and grease everywhere but the CV isn't split so that's handy, front pads are a bit low but will do for a while.

Got the rocker cover gasket changed over as the old one was leaking, actually fell to bits taking it out so it was definitely needed, got the Forge diverter replaced with a much nicer GFB DV+ the Forge one was actually sticking so the new one will release pressure more efficiently, a little quieter too but still plenty of turbo noises and I also got the mudflaps removed as they made the car look a bit "felty" and I buffed the headlights and polished the tip on the exhaust.

Stack gauge ended up being faulty so I ordered a "Saas" one form Australia, very similar look to the Cupra dials and lights up the same colour so that's a bonus so just waiting for that and the vent pod mount as well as the Momo boss for the wheel, got one from Demon Tweeks but it was also damaged :/ ordered a timing belt kit and water pump too as that needed done this year anyway.

Some more pics :laughing: (looks a little low at the back, but it's got a full tank and all the original suspension in the boot, the FKs are surprisingly wound all the way up on the rear!)

IMAG2277.jpg
IMAG2279.jpg
IMAG2280.jpg
IMAG2278.jpg
IMAG2267.jpg
IMAG2276.jpg

IMAG2274.jpg
IMAG2270.jpg
IMAG2273.jpg
IMAG2261.jpg

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
CV boot regreased and clipped back on properly, was a nightmare to get the clip round, so tight

IMAG2290.jpg

Then got the wheel fitted, ran out of time to sort the boost gauge out so it's not plumbed in yet, love the feel of the wheel.

IMAG2293.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.