Leon Cupra R 225

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PhilM

RMS Regular
need a wee run in this.

Never owned a car thats both fast and suitbale for everyday use... any something along these lines is tempting.

how far is your commute marc?

Phil

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
need a wee run in this.

Never owned a car thats both fast and suitbale for everyday use... any something along these lines is tempting.

how far is your commute marc?

Phil

6 miles each way mate

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Both CV boots done today and got the intercooler fitted, according to the boost gauge I've actually lost around 2psi on peak boost, but it seems to hold it a little bit longer.

image.jpeg

Couple of things pissing me off while I was spending all day in and around the car, first off is the cheap Pro Sport coilovers (not FK as I was told) whoever fitted them hasn't fitted shortened drop links so the ARB is resting on the wishbones, the undertray is some kind of terribly fitted diesel one that barely fits and flaps about, the passenger CV was a cheap replacement which explains why it kept chucking clips off.

Alignment needs done now so on Monday I'll order a new tie rod (boot is torn...my fault :oops: ) and price up a new under tray and start saving for some decent suspension and a new map to go with the intercooler

RevT

RMS Regular
Couple of things pissing me off while I was spending all day in and around the car, first off is the cheap Pro Sport coilovers (not FK as I was told) whoever fitted them hasn't fitted shortened drop links

I sell FK and ProSport coilovers buddy. ProSports are dearer and a much better build quality from what I've found over the past couple of years selling them. Of course, if you go for FK Highsports or similar they're much better but then you're at over double the price of the budget FK's and ProSport.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
They aren't bad, but I'm going to go for either KW V1 or ST XA

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Nothing exciting, just replaced a missing engine cover screw, will at least stop it flapping about

image.jpeg

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Couple of shots from CCM yesterday.

picking up 4 new jacking point covers painted tomorrow hopefully, over the next few months I'll be going for new discs and pads all round (Ferodo DS2500 pads) sourcing a couple of bits I can't buy new and saving for new coilovers

IMG_0871 by Marc Whitford, on Flickr

IMG_0870 by Marc Whitford, on Flickr

IMG_0898 by Marc Whitford, on Flickr

s13rab

RMS Regular
Love this motor! Seriously tempted by one of these but it would need to be exactly like yours lol

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Thanks guys, still in love with it, going to hold onto this for a brave few years

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Lifted my spare wheel out earlier to get the tyre on it changed, knew it was flat, but didn't know why it, now I do

IMG_2160.JPG

Got new braided lines, ready to go on while I'm away on Honeymoon, during then my friend is taking the calipers off and sending them off to get powder coated as well as new discs, pads and coilovers

Tam9n

RMS Regular
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
Had a read through this Marc, looks insane.
If you would like, I can make you up some n249 delete plugs if you wished? Don't know if you just left them unplugged or what.

Love your shop by the way.. looks a really nice place tow work out of!

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
Had a read through this Marc, looks insane.
If you would like, I can make you up some n249 delete plugs if you wished? Don't know if you just left them unplugged or what.

Love your shop by the way.. looks a really nice place tow work out of!

How much for a resistor? It's my mates shop, wish it was mine ha

Tam9n

RMS Regular
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
How much for a resistor? It's my mates shop, wish it was mine ha

It was gonna be a freebie haha! But guess you're already set!
It's a cracker set up there.

The cupra looks a great example, credit to you!

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
It was gonna be a freebie haha! But guess you're already set!
It's a cracker set up there.

The cupra looks a great example, credit to you!

The N249 is still there, Is it a resistor you do or just bungs for the valves?

Marc.W

RMS Regular
OP
Marc.W
Drives
Lupo GTI
So recently the car has been running pretty crap, under boost it's just been flattening out and feeling like it's been hitting a brick wall, any time the fuel level went below half it would do this and be really hard to start, narrowed it down to the "upgraded" fuel pump (which is doesn't need considering the OEM pump is already 4bar) so managed to pick up a good condition second hand one off eBay, didn't fancy going brand new as even at cost price for me is still £210 and I was worried that this wouldn't fix the issue I was having.

"Upgraded unit" just a new pump chucked into the original housing, the pump itself was disintegrating, as can be seen inside my tank

IMG_2532.JPG

Thankfully it did and it seems that the "upgraded" unit was restricting the car as I managed to blow my first boost pipe off since owning the car, that was fun trying to re-attach on a pitch black Comber road :party:

IMG_2533.JPG

Ever since spending a day underneath the car putting the front mount on a couple of things have been annoying me, the owners between @ferrett and myself have cut a few corners with modifications and maintenance (apparent with the fuel pump) the main thing was the cheap coilover setup with standard drop links, so I've sorted myself out with KW V2's and some Venom Motorsport shortened drop links

IMG_2505.JPG

Next up was the brakes, the pads are mega dusty and haven't lasted worth a crap, they've also never felt like I feel 4 pots should, verging on spongy, so I've gone and got myself some Vagbremtechnic 'J' hooked front discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, OEM caliper pins and some HEL braided brake lines to try and sharpen up the bite of the brakes and hopefully reduce the dust, the rear discs are fine and plenty of meat left on the Brembo pads so I'm happy to leave those for a while

IMG_2546.JPG

Unfortunately, my clutch has started slipping recently so I've decided to go with a Solid flywheel conversion from Sachs and get the oil from the gearbox while we're at it
IMG_2548.JPG

Hoping to get all the work done in time for MOT in December, while I'm away on my honeymoon the original plan was to get the front end painted but I want to have it driving right before getting on top of the tired front end, here's how it was sitting at Titanic Dubs back in September, so while I'm away my friend is doing the timing belt and water pump, while he's at it he's changing the thermostat to a Neuspeed 83/95c fan switch and a Nuespeed 82c thermostat.

IMG_0809.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2509.JPG
    IMG_2509.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2547.JPG
    IMG_2547.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 61
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.