Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Wonder what happened before and after and in what timeframe.

Are there circumstances when you are allowed to just plough on through a red light ? ( other than perhaps in the dead of night ) The video poster said the light turned green 5 seconds after they all rode through the red light.

And presumably nothing much happened before/after, it's not like the police are about and able to give them all fines/points etc.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Are there circumstances when you are allowed to just plough on through a red light ? ( other than perhaps in the dead of night ) The video poster said the light turned green 5 seconds after they all rode through the red light.

And presumably nothing much happened before/after, it's not like the police are about and able to give them all fines/points etc.
Rule 176
You MUST NOT move forward over the white line when the red light is showing. Only go forward when the traffic lights are green if there is room for you to clear the junction safely or you are taking up a position to turn right. If the traffic lights are not working, treat the situation as you would an unmarked junction and proceed with great care.

It's a fine line that one, A lot of traffic light induction loops don't trigger when cycles pass over them, so the sequence will never change. It's entirely possible the driver triggered the loop himself 5 seconds later..

The same guy posted another vid that looked like it was recorded with a potato, equally short and equally lacking context.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I used to have the same issue occasionally when out on the motorbike. Could sit for 5 min at a red light before having to edge through. Was a pain.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Quick question regarding these videos of mechanics getting caught out.
I just bought a camera and it's in no way discrete. My mirror already sits half way down the window , there's no room behind the mirror , it can't go above the mirror due to black dots type tint thingy , so its clamped just slightly below mirror with the wire comming down from the headliner.
How would they not see it , and whats to stop them just unplugging the wire out at the camera ?
I'm going to look for a different mounting bracket to try and get it behind the mirror but even if i do find one , they can just unplug the cable anyway !

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Quick question regarding these videos of mechanics getting caught out.
I just bought a camera and it's in no way discrete. My mirror already sits half way down the window , there's no room behind the mirror , it can't go above the mirror due to black dots type tint thingy , so its clamped just slightly below mirror with the wire comming down from the headliner.
How would they not see it , and whats to stop them just unplugging the wire out at the camera ?
I'm going to look for a different mounting bracket to try and get it behind the mirror but even if i do find one , they can just unplug the cable anyway !
They probably would unplug it. Just take a picture or video of the mileage when you drop it off.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Most people who get into my car, even in the passenger seat don't notice my dash cam. From the driver seat it is completely hidden behind the rear view mirror so they would have no chance of seeing it.

I actually unplugged mine when I left it in for a service as i'd rather not see what they are up to!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Keep thinking about getting one of the koonlung k1s yokes as it has 2 small cameras and a separate display unit which can be hidden out of sight but a price tag of over 140 quid is making me second guess myself. Just after a couple of heavy months (mot/service, tax, insurance, bodywork and a holiday amongst other things), so will just keep thinking about it until the uniforms and other stuff for school are bought. Hate July and August. Just can't keep money in my pocket

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
The sound seems to be the only bad thing about the k1s and you can set it to stop showing the speed at 25 mph so you can't incriminate yourself incase you do 62 in a 60

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Not sure how the BMW missed the 2 of them in high vis jackets ...also the cops not even stopping after witnessing it