Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
they *could* have been forced left by someone merging at 100mph from the M2. But in all likelihood they just didn't look where they were going. Will be all on video anyway!

But will it have been recorded on video...?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They have a pretty impressive setup on Airport Road. Although with my experience dealing with them, they probably have Game of Thrones recorded over it.

I'm near sure Avo said ages ago none of those cameras record, they only monitor in real time. Not sure if that's still the case.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Be a hell of a lot to record though, they'd probably run out of Betamax tapes.

I'm not sure if I can even legally go into details, but they really do have a pretty big setup in terms of IT infrastructure, storage wouldn't be an issue.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
A bit of an over reaction, but....... At least the stupid bint has learned a lesson and won't do it again. How many times has she done this before on a bike ?
I've had tossers like that do similar and their door or wing touching my leg on the bike, its a bit hairy when your getting nerfed towards a kerb or oncoming traffic, the advantage of acceleration normally helps you out though. A good punch on their window at the next stop, with a carbon fibre knuckle and a volley of "can you ******* see me now dickhead", focuses their attention better, although some still have that "look straight ahead and pretend no-ones there" attitude. lol Still they might be a little more considerate next time.
Its a good advertisement for why people should learn on a bike first before they're allowed behind the wheel of a car.

NotKG

Banned
Over reaction is right, but it wouldnt bother me, i think he left himself open by bad positioning, he could have done a bit of weaving and kept more of the road to himself. The yanks like to hear themselves. Cop should have told him to Jog on.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
A bit of an over reaction, but....... At least the stupid bint has learned a lesson and won't do it again. How many times has she done this before on a bike ?
I've had tossers like that do similar and their door or wing touching my leg on the bike, its a bit hairy when your getting nerfed towards a kerb or oncoming traffic, the advantage of acceleration normally helps you out though. A good punch on their window at the next stop, with a carbon fibre knuckle and a volley of "can you ******* see me now dickhead", focuses their attention better, although some still have that "look straight ahead and pretend no-ones there" attitude. lol Still they might be a little more considerate next time.
Its a good advertisement for why people should learn on a bike first before they're allowed behind the wheel of a car.

Yeah but you get double points for motorbikes over cyclists :p

big cyril

RMS Regular
That merge in turn video was a set up - when did you last see a truck pull away from a bike like that?
Any normal biker would have passed the truck easily before the merge.
The biker held back to encourage the conflict situation and even then it was 50/50 who should have given way, as it says 'merge in turn', not sit side by side shouting abuse.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
It might have been close, but it doesnt look like he needed to pull over that much.
Yeah i was thinking that as well, problem is if it was recorded with an action cam, they have a tendency to distort distances and how close things actually are. My initial reaction was he had loads of time to brake and let the BMW past

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Possibly the politest crashes i've ever seen.... still not sure why the dude was driving with what i assume was a gopro strapped to his head

That guy shouldnt have a license....for so many reasons nevermind having a camera strapped to his head inside a car.

Tons of room there to allow all to pass safely, and also another reason why all cars should have ABS/stability etc, to try and accommodate idiots like that who dont know how to use the brake pedal....or the steering wheel, or some simple judgement

The overtaking car does deserve a slap too as it may have been a little close to the brow of a hill.