Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ah but yes we are talking about the general population here, the same ones that manage to crash on the westlink all the fecking time.

A1 has those ****ty little junctions and people crossing it all the time.

Which is why I've said countless times these are areas the police need to monitor for people actually driving dangerously then the legal system needs to deal with them in a manner which reduces the chances of them doing it again !
And stupid bloody speed cameras on the road arent going to do anything !

And the speeds on the A1 are not higher, oddly the NSL limits are the same as any other NSL road ( and a few 60 sections too so lower than some dual carriageways. )

big cyril

RMS Regular
There are relatively few places in NI where you get traffic cutting across a 70 zone like you get at each and every one of those gap junctions on the A1. That's what I mean about the speed being higher. The sooner the gap junctions get closed the better. At least they are working on it though, the section between sheepbridge and Newry has no gap junctions and the plan is to remove the gap junctions between dromore and banbridge.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are relatively few places in NI where you get traffic cutting across a 70 zone like you get at each and every one of those gap junctions on the A1. That's what I mean about the speed being higher. The sooner the gap junctions get closed the better. At least they are working on it though, the section between sheepbridge and Newry has no gap junctions and the plan is to remove the gap junctions between dromore and banbridge.

And at most of those junctions speed limits are reduced to 60mph. But if people would just open their ****ing eyes and wait til the road is clear, no accidents would occur.
It isnt the road that makes it dangerous, just the idiots using it. Road changes would of course help that....but so would some police enforcement and a legal system that would then force the idiots to take training courses etc until they could prove they can use their eyes. Which would make them safer on all roads and junctions, not just one particular road/junction. Which would have to be a win win.

Hell I seen a bloody 40ft lorry trying to get across the carriageway....come to a complete standstill with his trailer blocking the entire southbound carriageway only a couple of weeks ago just above Banbridge. Not that he had anywhere to go, but he was quite happy sitting there as queues built up on the carriageway. If he really wanted to get across safely, he only needed to drive about 1/4 mile to the Banbridge flyover where he could have crossed and went up the other way without any problem. Blocking the carriageway like he did...should get a dangerous driving charge.

And regularly I see people just blindly pulling out, clearly they never even tried to look...then either crawl slowly across or continue along the carriageway doddling at 20mph.

None of this requires any skill or anything. Just basic common sense about how to use a road safely. And lack of enforcement allows it to continue.

garyo

RMS Regular
It's like when i realise I'm in the wrong lane or missed a junction. I would carry on till the next available place to turn whereas everyone else seems to just do what they want , slam on brakes , cut in , do u turns etc.
Exactly this! I came round a blind bend on a busy B road on Monday to be met by a white Focus about 30 yards round the corner, 50-60 yr old female driving, who was reversing because she missed the wee country lane she was looking to turn off. We were a few cars back from a 30mph driver so got stopped handy enough, but a lorry coming at 30 would have been messy. She stopped, we went round, then she continued to reverse, just oblivious to the danger. There were 3 more entrances/turn-offs within a 100 yards that she could have went and turned around in.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular

His seatbelt took its time holding him.

Screenshot_2016-05-26-16-54-29.png
Screenshot_2016-05-26-16-54-29.png

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yea, it does look a bit odd. Hard to see but the stills there also look like the airbags were deployed.

Although it almost looks like him hitting the ejector seat button is on the rebound after belt/airbag stop him going forward.

Would probably have been far more entertaining with no belt on and him really going flying.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
For folks who uploaded footage from their camera. What format is the file? I've tried .mov and mp4 but no joy with Upload Fie below. Have you compressed it?

big cyril

RMS Regular
And at most of those junctions speed limits are reduced to 60mph. But if people would just open their ****ing eyes and wait til the road is clear, no accidents would occur.

Most of the gap junctions are most certainly not 60 zones - there are only two 60 zones on the whole A1 - at Banbridge and at Dromore.
Banbridge has only one gap junction in the 60 zone and Dromore only a few, the vast majority of the gap junctions on the A1 are elsewehere ie 70 zone.

You're right about people doing stupid things, certainly PSNI should be booking people for these things eg leaving a trailer in the overtaking lane whilst turning right, pulling out just in front of traffic approaching at 70 etc but realistically they can't be everywhere and people will still do stupid things so improving the road layout to make it harder to do stupid and dangerous things will be more effective at improving safety.

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Shocked the second rider didn't smash his face in with the helmet! The first 2 riders are ****ing idiots for not wearing PPE, though.

I was so angry when I saw that but the guy with the video was right not confront him as it wouldn`t have helped his mates court case.
T-shirts and motorcycles are a bad mix.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I was so angry when I saw that but the guy with the video was right not confront him as it wouldn`t have helped his mates court case.
T-shirts and motorcycles are a bad mix.

He certainly did the right thing, but I'm not sure if I could control myself. Could it be a charge for attempted murder?