Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Another one that popped up on FB. Look forward to hearing the police response after they deal with this incompetent t**t who shouldnt have a license for so many reasons.

Why there isn't a motorway part of lessons and test pees me off big time. I really really don't understand it at all. Motorways are a dangerous daunting place to drive (for non driving gods like us obviously) and being taught how to reverse round a bloody corner in a quiet side street can't prep you for this whatsoever.

NotKG

Banned
a mate works in a tyre fitters, told me a wee 17 year old R driver lass came into his work with a flat tyre they had drove nearly 10 mile on, side wall destroyed, and needed a tyre just , very lucky, then asked if someone could reverse the car out for her, from the collection bay, 4 weeks later called in with a wobbly tin wheel, she and her 2 friends and some lady in a asda carpark had assisted and had put on the spare wheel, but left the alloy spacer ring fitted, and just tightened the wheel up,and it was all over the place, this time now 2 more destroyed tyres, a spacer, and the bolts wrecked,,the spares were luckily with the lock wheel kit and asked again to reverse it out of a parking space, really.
this went on for a while and has been in several times since, is on about 15 new tyres and still cant reverse and this started in january past.
i only came to know of it, as i was at his work today and she drove in on a flat and a lump missing from her alloy, and the story got told.
the more shocking bit is, they note the milage for the receipt, and there is less than 1,500miles covered.
must be cheaper to take a bloomin bus.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
a mate works in a tyre fitters, told me a wee 17 year old R driver lass came into his work with a flat tyre they had drove nearly 10 mile on, side wall destroyed, and needed a tyre just , very lucky, then asked if someone could reverse the car out for her, from the collection bay, 4 weeks later called in with a wobbly tin wheel, she and her 2 friends and some lady in a asda carpark had assisted and had put on the spare wheel, but left the alloy spacer ring fitted, and just tightened the wheel up,and it was all over the place, this time now 2 more destroyed tyres, a spacer, and the bolts wrecked,,the spares were luckily with the lock wheel kit and asked again to reverse it out of a parking space, really.
this went on for a while and has been in several times since, is on about 15 new tyres and still cant reverse and this started in january past.
i only came to know of it, as i was at his work today and she drove in on a flat and a lump missing from her alloy, and the story got told.
the more shocking bit is, they note the milage for the receipt, and there is less than 1,500miles covered.
must be cheaper to take a bloomin bus.
Must have more money than they know what to do with!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
4.43 in....what the f**k was all that about? lol and your woman in the red audi afterwards, wtf lol

I dunno.....but registrations have been clearly visible on both before but the police certainly havent publicised any outcomes from them !

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Why there isn't a motorway part of lessons and test pees me off big time. I really really don't understand it at all. Motorways are a dangerous daunting place to drive (for non driving gods like us obviously) and being taught how to reverse round a bloody corner in a quiet side street can't prep you for this whatsoever.

Cornwall.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

We need bike cops over here to be doing this. On the M1 this morning a fella in a white evoque was stopped in traffic on his phone while the cars in front had moved at least 100m on up the road. Same things happen at lights where people are totally oblivious to lights going green because they are "busy" on their phone.

And while on the subject, whats the deal with people holding the phone in front of their mouth while driving? does that somehow count as not using while driving because its on speaker and not at your ear?

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
And while on the subject, whats the deal with people holding the phone in front of their mouth while driving? does that somehow count as not using while driving because its on speaker and not at your ear?

haha yes this one gets me too, its probably more dangerous, as they are usually staring at the phone - complete idiots

giphy.gif

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Seen that before, clearly a total asshole of a cop with nothing better to do.

Instead of nabbing cars stopped safely at junctions, he should be watching those junctions for assholes driving through them not using their ****ing eyes and causing accidents, or driving through red lights etc. Something that might actually improve road safety.

If that area's budget is tight....he should be the first to go.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

Instead of nabbing cars stopped safely at junctions, he should be watching those junctions for assholes driving through them not using their ****ing eyes and causing accidents, or driving through red lights etc. Something that might actually improve road safety.

Do you really think they only started using their phone when they stopped at a red light and were going to end the call as soon as it went green? They would have driven on and maybe at the next junction done the things you said they should be nabbed for. I would much rather they were stopped before they had an accident. I'm sure if they stoved into you and the cop said he has seen them using the phone at the previous junction but didn't do anything you wouldn't be long ranting about the useless police

Gemma

RMS Regular
i loved the undercover motorbike cop pulling people over using their phones!! i f**kin hate people using their phones whilst driving! this day and age there is no need for it!! plenty of bluetooth technology offered esp with new cars etc and they aren't that dear. IIRC lidls was offering a bluetooth set there for a tenner!

Think we should have more cops out on bikes pulling people over for using their phones whilst driving!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Do you really think they only started using their phone when they stopped at a red light and were going to end the call as soon as it went green? They would have driven on and maybe at the next junction done the things you said they should be nabbed for. I would much rather they were stopped before they had an accident. I'm sure if they stoved into you and the cop said he has seen them using the phone at the previous junction but didn't do anything you wouldn't be long ranting about the useless police

I can understand both sides of this. A simple solution would be for the cop just to wait until they actually drove while using the phone then fire on the sirens and pull them over as normal. If they spotted him before moving off he could just give them a stern warning. Simple.
It's not "dangerous" sitting on your phone while stopped at lights. The worst to happen would be you'd miss a green light and just sit there , not harming anyone.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
i loved the undercover motorbike cop pulling people over using their phones!! i f**kin hate people using their phones whilst driving! this day and age there is no need for it!! plenty of bluetooth technology offered esp with new cars etc and they aren't that dear. IIRC lidls was offering a bluetooth set there for a tenner!

Think we should have more cops out on bikes pulling people over for using their phones whilst driving!
My "hands free" still requires me to push buttons and look at a screen , much like adjusting the A/C or radio.
Just saying.
These people were stationary.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

The only accidents I've been in, are were people drove into me whilst I was sitting stopped. That's 4 in around 25 years. NONE of them were using their phones. Why the **** do arseholes think it is suddenly only phones that cause accidents ?

People need to wake up and realise phones dont cause accidents, assholes do. And a car stopped safely at traffic lights is not going to cause an accident. What next, you'll want to see that same dar done for speeding in case they might speed between there and the next junction ?

The cop in that video IS an asshole, as said if he genuinely wanted to improve road safety instead of meeting ticket targets for nonsense but popular/propaganda offences he would be watching those junctions for people actually using the roads dangerously which he could fill many ticket books daily and it could actually improve road safety.